Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Albany 44 Game Home Win Streak Snapped

David Robinett talks to former Abilene High head coach Steve Warren about the Albany Lions on Warren's Wisdom.

David Robinett said, "It's time for another Warren's Wisdom. Another week of high school football is in the bag. Let's talk about the Albany Lions. They went into last week's game with a 44-game winning streak. They did lose. That streak was finally snapped by Cisco in the game, but 44 wins at home. It'd been nine years since they lost a game at home. That's unbelievable."

Steve Warren said, "That's incredible. I can't imagine not losing a home game since 2007. One thing that goes unnoticed by fans and the general public is this, a program like Albany, it doesn't make any difference who they are playing on the other end of that field, they're bringing their "A-game" cause they want to beat Albany. It's such a great program, coach Faith and those kids and the whole program. For the Albany Lions, my goodness, there's so much good that can happen when do the things that they do every single year."

Robinett said, "People ask me, 'How do you think Albany's going to be?' I say, 'Is coach Faith still the coach?' If they say yes, I say, 'Well, they are going to keep winning.' That program is solid."

Warren said, "There's no doubt about it. They are a top ten team every year. They have such great community support. There's great expectations on the kids. When they get in the program, they understand what's going on. So, I don't think there's any doubt, even though they lost, they'll look at that game against Cisco and say we can play with guys like that if we fix a few little things here. It gives them a better chance to win that state championship later on."

More...
Working...