Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Wylie and Argyle Canceled Due to Lightening

Wylie's game against Argyle was canceled Friday night thanks to lightening, and David Bacon talked with Hugh Sandifer about the cancelation.

David Bacon said, "We're here at Wylie High with the head coach of the Wylie Bulldogs Hugh Sandifer, are you disappointed your team did not get to play tonight?"

Hugh Sandifer said, "well yeah we're disappointed, we get an opportunity to play a quality opponent like Argyle, who we've played for five years now. It's just one of those things, you're not going to mess with the lightning and it's going to continue. So we're disappointed, we've had a good week, our kids were fired up, I know theirs were too, it's just one of those things."

Bacon said, "Some of the fans coming out of the stands were saying they were really looking forward to watching this game tonight."

Sandifer said, "Oh I know. When you play a team that knocked you out in week 15 last year, there's a little bit of a revenge, we didn't talk about revenge but it's in your mind. You want another chance. They're undefeated, they're one of the top two ranked teams in Texas, it'd be a good test for us and we wanted to get them on our home field and see how it went."

Bacon said, "What will this do as far as the preperations for the rest of the season, and how are you approaching this?"

Sandifer said, "It's something with the proximity of the two schools, we don't reschedule for tomorrow, you just lose a game and we only had 9 to begin with so it kind of hurts that we lose a game but fortunately we're back home next week, it's our homecoming game and I know our kids will be excited to get back out on the field."

Bacon said, "Thank you very much. Hugh Sandifer, the head coach of the Wylie Bulldogs, they were supposed to play tonight but because of lightning in the area, the game has been called off."

The rest of the Class 4A games were canceled.

Sweetwater (3-0) Snyder (0-2)

CANCELED

Alvarado (2-1) Brownwood (1-2)

CANCELED

More...
Working...