Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Cooper's Takeaways From Crosstown Showdown

David Robinett talked to Cooper head coach Todd Moebes about the Crosstown Showdown, and what he took away from the game.

David Robinett said, "Thanks a lot, joined by Cooper head coach Todd Moebes, and coach Moebes, the Crosstown Showdown was a tough game for you guys. There were good parts, and then obviously there were the bad parts, and especially the part where you don't win. Tell me what happened in that game."

Todd Moebes said, "I was pleased with what we did offensively. I thought we sputtered in the red zone a couple of times, which was unfortunate. We have to be able to capitalize on those opportunities. Defensively, they made some plays offensively. You got to give them a lot of credit. They have great football players, great scheme and a great staff, and we have to be able to make some plays. We have to be able to stop the bleeding at some point in time and really kind of change the momentum. We weren't able to do that, but I was very very pleased with the response that our offense had."

Robinett said, "We've talked about hangover before, but hangover is a real thing after the Crosstown Showdown. Is that something ya'll address, or is it just assumed the team moves on?"

Moebes said, "I think we move on. I mean we've been a part of it before. It's certainly an emotional game, and it's emotional afterwards, whatever side of it that you're on. We've been on both sides of it, and responded well in the past, and certainly feel that this football team is going to do the same. I mean all our focus is on Frenship this week , and you can't do anything about what happened."

Robinett said, "Alright thanks a lot coach. The Cougars are going to be taking on Frenship on Friday night. Going to be going up to the Lubbock area for that game."

More...
Working...