Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Babe's Slant: Rookies Ready

With an injured Tony Romo this week's Cowboys game will rely heavily on rookies Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott, and that's a lot of pressure for a new guy. Here's this week's Babe's slant.

How long has it been since the Cowboys started a rookie at quarterback and running back in the season opener? Can you say 1969? That was Roger Staubach and Calvin Hill. This Sunday it will be Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott"

Ezekiel Elliot said, "I think we're ready. I think we're prepared. We're both very composed. I think we're excited to competed and excited to go out there and we don't want any dropped balls. Just because anyone thinks we're rookies, there aren't going to be any dropped balls."

Dak Prescott said, "Everything I've been through...the obstacles. To sit there and wait on draft day and to wait for it to come. And then it comes to the team you grew up watching. Just for everything the way it fell in place unfortunately with Tony and Kellen. But I'm prepared for it. I believe I'm supposed to be here."

He's supposed to be at AT&T Stadium this Sunday making his first NFL start. Now I was a teammate of Troy Aikman's in 1989 when Troy made his first NFL start. It was against the New Orleans Saints. Troy got battered, beaten and shutout - 28-0. After the game I said if you're looking for some good news here it is: I think you just saw every blitz the NFL has to offer. Dak Prescott may see more of the same.

More...
Working...