Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

CHS Conversation with Coach Todd Moebes

David Robinett talks to Cooper head coach Todd Moebes about his team loss to Grapevine and the upcoming Crosstown Showdown.

David Robinett said, "Well, coach Moebes, I know Week 2 didn't go the way you had planned by any stretch of the imagination. Tell me how you keep a game like that from overcoming your players, and making them think, 'Oh my gosh, what do we do now?' and start thinking about the next week."

Cooper head coach Todd Moebes said, "You've got to realize what happened and what you didn't do. You've got to learn from it. If you put it in the past and act like it didn't happen, you're not going to learn from it and you're not going to get any better from it. We watched every single play. We coached it hard. We had to accept a lot of things that we didn't do well as a staff and certainly as players, and you've got use that as a motivating factor were to not want to have that feeling, again."

Robinett said, "Now it's time for the Crosstown Showdown. It's the most important, unimportant game that Cooper plays all season long. Tell me how you approach it this week, and how excited are you for this game?"

Coach Moebes said, "I'm excited because it's a unique opportunity. It's a fun atmosphere. It's the arena that you really dream about being in as a player and as a coach. I approach it like it's any other week. You have to do it that way. If we're having to get up and do something crazy for this week, then we did last week a disservice, and we would do the next week a disservice. We believe in our process. We believe in what we do, and we're going to stick with that."

More...
Working...