Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Bulldogs Learning From the Loss

Week 2 of high school football is in the books, and the Wylie Bulldogs still don't have a win under their belt.

After a sluggish week one, head coach Hugh Sandifer found some positives on Friday.

His Bulldogs didn't come away with a W, but they did play faster and toward the end he felt like the guys started to loosen up. So while no coach ever wants a game to end in a loss, Sandifer isn't disheartened by the loss to a good Lubbock Monterey team.

"Lubbock Monterey's got some good football players. They're fast, and then they have good size, so they posed different challenges than the week before, so I thought our kids handled that well," Sandifer said. "I think we got better, and when you play good teams and get challenged, you're going to have to perform, and I thought that was a good measuring stick the other night because I thought we did get better. We just didn't get the win, and like I told the kids, we didn't go to Lubbock to get a moral victory. We wanted to go there and win, and it didn't go our way so we have to get back to work this week."

The Bulldogs have another big challenge against 5A opponent Denison at home on Friday night.

More...
Working...