Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Grapevine Mustangs Gallop Past Cooper

The Cooper Cougars did not have the night they were hoping for out in Grapevine on Friday night.

It started out bad and kept getting worse for Todd Moebes and his Coogs.

Starting out in the first quarter when Grapevine quarterback Alan Bohman passed to Dylan Gonzalez, and he took it all the way to the house for Grapevine's second touchdown, and it's 14-0.

Grapevine kept adding to their lead despite the Cougar defense trying to make a comeback a couple of times.

The Coogs headed into the locker room trailing 35-0.

Moebes said after the game that Grapevine was more prepared than them.

"I think Grapevine played a heck of a game, and we didn't. I mean give credit to the coaching staff. They were extremely prepared, and I did a poor job of preparing our team, and it wasn't very good on our end. We got to get better," Moebes said.

The Cougars crossed the goal line once at the end of the game to prevent the shutout, but even after losing 61-7, Moebes talked about the positives that can be taken away from the week 2 loss.

"I mean the positive thing is that if you don't come out here and play this can happen to you," Moebes said. "I mean you have to come out and play every single week. I don't know of much positive that came from our execution. I don't think our guys quit. There's not ever any quit in them, so I certainly give them credit for that, and that's just who they are. I mean they're great kids we just didn't play very well tonight, so we've got to be able to learn from it. Got to be able to execute better, and move on next week."

Cooper did not finish week two the way they wanted, but now it's back to work on Monday to prepare for the Crosstown Showdown in week three.

More...
Working...