Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Things to Clean Up for Wylie

The Wylie Bulldogs got the season off to a good start with a 15-9 come from behind victory over the Vernon Lions on Friday night.

In general, the Bulldogs looked really good.

The offense dominated possession of the ball and scored in the 4th quarter when it was crunch time, and the defense virtually shutdown the Vernon offense.

Like most years after the first game of the season, there is stuff that needs cleaning up.

Hugh Sandifer said, "We had probably the ball four times first down in the red zone and ended up not getting any points in the first half, so kind of a frustrating evening there, but I just thought all our kids, they were playing hard. I just didn't feel like the execution was there. We just have to get better mentally for a football game."

Kade Ancell said, "Towards the beginning we were kind of getting behind like on the chains, and kind of tripping over ourselves, but we just have to keep the pressure on the whole time."

Brooks Pepper said, "I think we're going to work extremely hard this week on what we have to do and just go over everything and make sure everything's perfect."

The Bulldogs turn their attention to the Lubbock Monterey Plainsmen this week.

That game is Friday night up in Lubbock at 7:30 p.m.

More...
Working...