Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Cowboys' First Practice in the Books

14-year NFL veteran Jason Witten said that the message going into this year's training camp is "let's just go to work."
    But with players coming back from injuries sustained last year, and a number of players starting training camp on the physically unable to perform or non-football injury list, head coach Jason Garrett is trying to ease his guys into the upcoming season

"Everybody wants to do everything on day 1, and you know we have to do a great job as a coaching staff and training staff communicating to them what we expect from them," Jones said. "Why we're doing what we're doing at the pace we're doing it."

The sound of the horn and the demand for hustle from coaches is music to a football player's ears, and Tony Romo taking snaps is a welcome sight for Cowboys fans, coaches and players.

"I think he's just really excited and motivated," Jason Witten said. "He's working at his craft day in and day out. When he approaches it that way, everybody on our football team, not just on our offense, kind of fall into that."

But as we saw last season, depth at the quarterback position will be crucial for the Cowboys to be successful, and QB 2 Kellen Moore, having spent an entire off season with the team is ready to continue learning from one of the best play callers in the league.

"I think it's important for me to kind of understand the way he does things and streamline things and so if I'm in there it sounds the same way that Tony does things," Moore said.
    The team won't be doing any competitive work this weekend and they'll have their first day in pads on Monday.

More...
Working...