Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Cougars Head To State 7-On-7 Tournament

Abilene Cooper is one of the big country teams headed to the 7-on-7 state tournament.

The cougars earned their berth by getting to the final of the Abilene qualifier.

7-on-7 has become a big deal for a lot of football families around the state, but for Cooper, it's a matter of time of the field and conditioning.

The players believe that the games and practices are helping them with more than just routes.

"We get more, like, team chemistry. Like, we know where we're going to be at on the field. It actually helps us for our receivers and our quarterbacks to connect. We have a new quarterback in there, so it helps him better to connect with all of our receivers and stuff, so just team chemistry and everything," said Tyrees Whitfield.

"I come out here just to basically help, and basically just try to keep building with them and bonding with them, and if they need help, if Ender needs help, I'm out here just for him, so if he needs me I'll just help him out, call a play or something like that. So just helping him out," said Austin Smith.

The Cougars are headed to College Station next weekend to face Copperas Cove, Mesquite and Houston Lamar.

The Div. I State Tournament starts on July 8 and finishes the next day.

More...
Working...