Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Wylie Says There is More to 7-On-7 Than Winning State

Wylie is one of seven Big Country teams that has already qualified for the state 7-on-7 tournament next month.

Going to state and winning would be nice, but there are more important reasons for playing 7-on-7.

For one thing, Bulldogs head coach Hugh Sandifer likes the way his team comes together.

"Well, one thing, the obvious way that it helps is the play timing on the throwing and catching and playing some defense, playing a little one-on-one coverage, but the thing I like about it, the comradery, just keeps the kids together on the Saturdays when they go to the tournaments and they all want to qualify for state, which we've done, so I just like it that they're all together," Sandifer said. "It's the biggest thing I think we get from it."

"It's helping me with like, it's improving my catching, improving my route running, like whenever I run routes," Dion Novil said. "It builds chemistry with me and the quarterback and the rest of the team, so that helps a bunch with playing 7-on-7 before the actual season starts."

Wylie is two weeks away from playing in the Division 2 State Tournament. That starts on July 7th.

More...
Working...