Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Red Raiders Confident In Pitching Against Gators

The Texas Tech Raider went back to work in Nebraska after losing their first game at the College World Series on Sunday.

The Texas Tech Red Raiders lost their opening round match up to the TCU Horned Frogs, but both coaches and players say they will be ready come Tuesday in an elimination game.

They have to be ready because their opponent is the number one overall seed, the Florida Gators.

The Gators lost to Coastal Carolina 2-to-1 on Tuesday night.

Texas Tech will send freshman All-American Davis Martin and Florida will be using sophomore Alex Faedo who has 124 strikeouts so far this season.

Both coaches are confident heading into the game.

Texas Tech head coach Tim Tadlock said, "It's a good feeling to be able to run Davis out there. You kind of know what you're getting with Davis. You know you're getting a competitor. You know you're getting a guy that's going to be around the strike zone and gonna have a secondary pitch most the time, and you know, for him to get better and to grow. He needs to pitch in this environment, and hopefully he'll get to pitch a couple more times."

Florida head coach Kevin O'Sullivan said, "He's been great for us all year long, and, you know, I watched a little bit of that TCU Texas Tech game, and you know, I think they've got like six right handers in the lineup. So we'll let him out there. I feel great with him on the mound, you know, I feel very confident, but we're going to have to obviously swing the bats a little bit better."

The Red Raiders will face the Gators at 4 p.m. on Tuesday and will be broadcasted on ESPN2.

More...
Working...