Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

U.S. Open Begins Thursday

The U.S. Open starts Thursday morning in Pennsylvania at the Oakmont Country Club.

This is OCC's ninth time to host the national championship and is thought by many as one of the toughest golf courses in the country.

Having such a tough course to compete at makes winning this year's U.S. Open even more important to the players.

Rory McIlroy said, "To be able to win on a course like this, with the conditions the way they are, it would probably be my, not my, maybe my biggest accomplishment in the game, but definitely would make me feel like a more complete player."

Ricky Fowler said, "I don't think you can play enough rounds here to really know it, but you know, some of the craziest greens I've ever played. I mean it's a fair golf course, you just have to be on the right side of the hole. You have to drive the ball well. A lot of characteristics of a typical tough and hard US Open."

The 116th U.S. Open will begin Thursday morning and defending champion, Jordan Spieth, starts his first round at 7:35 a.m.

More...
Working...