Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Colorado City Tops Brock To Earn State Berth

The Colorado City Lady Wolves made their first appearance in the state semifinals one to remember.

The Lady Wolves topped the top-ranked Brock Lady Eagles, 5-2, to advance to Thursday's Class 3A state championship game.

Taylor Epperson gave Colorado City the lead in the 2nd inning with an R-B-I double, but Brock answered with a pair of runs in the bottom of the second.

The Lady Wolves retook the lead in the third inning. A Brock error on a hit by Brittany Munoz allowed Colorado City runs to score to give them the lead for good at 3-2.

They added to the lead in the two more runs in the sixth inning on two fielder's choices by the Lady Wolves.

Tamren Pierce is the winning pitcher for Colorado City. She allowed just six hits and struck out one Brock hitter to improve to 32-8 on the season.

Head coach Liz White said, "I think I knew it was a possibility, but when you get to this point it's anybody's game you've got the best of the best coming here. I knew our girls were capable. I just didn't know if maybe nerves would get the best of us."

Brittany Munoz said, "I feel really blessed and grateful to have the opportunity to be here."

White said, "Our hitting kind of came along. We kept adjusting on a good pitcher, and then our pitcher, Tamren Pierce, she just kept getting stronger in the circle for us. She kept adjusting to their hitters, so that was the key."

Colorado City takes on West on Thursday at 6pm in Austin for the Class 3A State Championship.

More...
Working...