Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Ellett's Excellence Pushes Lady Lions To State

The Brownwood Lady Lions are back in the semifinals for the first time since 1996, and contributing to their success is freshman pitcher Chyanne Ellet.

She has taken the circle for the Lions 27 times and has produced 21 wins during that time.

"Right now I know that my pitches are working for the most part and that the change up has been working and my mentality like right now I'm just thinking all I gotta do is just show up and my team's gotta show up," said Ellet.

It's been a learning experience for the newest lion, but she is ready for the state tournament with the help of her change up.

Head coach, Jessica Lynn, has noticed that as the defense steps up, so does Ellet's performance in the circle.

"Her defense has just been backing her up each and every week which makes her confident and when she's confident she's a really hard pitcher to get a hit against," said Lynn. "So when our defense is solid behind her and she's going on the mound, we're a very hard team to beat."

Ellet is 25-8 on the season and will face the toughest challenge Thursday morning against La Grange who is 38-2 in the Class 4A Semifinals.

More...
Working...