Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Bulldogs One Win Away From Second Straight State Appearance

The Wylie Bulldogs are one win away from going back to the state tournament for the second year in a row.

For the second time in the playoffs this year, the Bulldogs will only play a one-game playoff against the Godley Wildcats.

Head coach, Clay Martin, isn't worried about the decision to take a one-game instead of a series because the Bulldogs prove to be dominate in the early games of a normal series.

"Oh I don't think it matters. At this point you've got to be prepared with whatever the situation is, and from this point forward it's a one and you're done. So, we'll be prepared to play. We've done really well in first games of the series, and I think we'll respond to that very well," said Martin.

Players like Riley Hedge are thinking of this series against Godley as an accurate representation to what the state tournament will hold.

Riley Hedge said, "I do like it. I mean if we make it to the state tournament it will be one games too. It's just better experience for us, more practice, so it will help us in the long run. I mean all of our pitchers can throw complete games. In games like these when they don't need to, it's going to definitely help a lot."

The number one ranked Bulldogs and the number eight ranked Wildcats are scheduled to play in Wichita Fallas at seven o'clock on Thursday night.

More...
Working...