Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Lady Wolves Making History With First State Berth

The Colorado City Lady Wolves are doing something this year that no other Colorado City softball team has done.

After losing out in this round of playoffs last year, the Lady Wolves took the series against Clyde in an exciting game three and are headed to Austin for the state tournament.

Head coach, Liz White, is taking the team to it's first ever state tournament.

"I mean it's incredible, you know, we've got a lot of returners from last year's team who thats been their goal all year was to not only get back, but get past, get past this round that put us out last year. You know, that's been the goal since day one. I think the excitement has always been there, but the reality was we had a tough road to get there. So I think now we can kind of process it and get excited about it," said White.

A hit to center field brought home Brittany Munoz ending the game 2-1 in extra innings and in walk-off fashion.

"This year we had a little bit better of team chemistry. We pushed each other to our hardest and never let each other slack off. We believe in each other," said Munoz.

Going into the state tournament winning 18 of it's 19 games, the Lady Wolves will face the Brock Eagles Wednesday at the University of Texas softball field.

More...
Working...