Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Lady Wolves Fought to Take 9-Inning Victory

In class 3A the Colorado City Lady Wolves are heading to the state tournament for the first time ever after their 9-inning win over Clyde on Saturday.

The Lady Wolves forced a game three with the Lady Bulldogs, and it was a fight, but head coach Liz White says her girls knew what they had to do to win.

The Lady Wolves got hits when they needed to, and in the bottom of the ninth Brittany Munoz slid into home for the walkoff win, and now they are on their way to Austin.

"It was tough. That's a good Clyde team who battled, and didn't give it up in the seven innings and took us to extra," White said. "I think our girls, they just knew what the ultimate goal was. They stayed focused and did what they had to do."

"I knew as I slid across the plate, the first thing I said was, thank you Jesus," Brittany Munoz said. "That's all I was thinking at that moment."

"It was frustrating honestly, and I was so tired, but my team pulled through for me, and I'm so proud of them," Tamren Pierce said.

The Lady Wolves will take on Brock in the state semi-finals.

They'll be the second 3A game on Wednesday. First pitch is set for 6 p.m.

More...
Working...