Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Lady Lions Advance to State for First Time in 20 Years

The Brownwood Lady Lions and the Snyder Lady Tigers battled for a trip to state Saturday in Hawley.

Snyder was looking to make it three in a row, and Brownwood was trying to go to state for the first time since 1996.

This game had a big fourth inning.

It started when Chloee James layed down a perfect suicide squeeze bunt and Shadye Millican completed the play with the slide at home, and Snyder led 2-1.

In the bottom of the frame, the Lady Lions had a big answer. First, Emily Perez dribbled a grounder to third. That scored a run and tied the game at two.

Several batters later Ashley Gomez launched one all the way to the wall, it was nearly caught, but it dropped in scoring the final Brownwood run of the game.

The Lady Lions led 5-2.

Brownwood was able to hang on from there and take it 5-2.

They're heading to Austin, and needless to say they're pumped up.

"Words can't describe how happy we are because I know we've been working really hard for this. It's an amazing experience being that this is our first year since 1996, I think it is, and I just know that it's an amazing, amazing feeling to know that we're going this far," Cheyenne Ellett said.

"Since we started off 0-3 in district the girls just decided, you know what this team's going to be about each other," head coach Jessica Lynne said. "We're going to play for each other, and since then it's just been lights out. They just fought, and I'm just so happy for them."

More...
Working...