Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Albany Lions Rolling Through Playoffs

The Albany Lions are back in the regional semifinals for the first time since 1991.

Head coach David Fairchild's Lions have the best record in the Big Country at 16-1.

It been a really good run for Albany with 59 runs in five games and three victories by ten runs or more.

Why are the 2016 Lions so good?

Head coach David Fairchild said, "I will say this, our kids work hard. The put their time in the cages. We've had great pitching in our series and put the ball in play and that helps a lot. Like any other good team, you've got good pitching, you're gonna have good defense, putting the ball in play, and you're gonna win ballgames."

Drew Neece said, "It's been a tough road. We had no preseason. We had to just jump right into district after basketball. We weren't sure what to expect with such a tough district, but with only one lose, we did pretty good. The fourth round is the farthest I've gone in my high school career. It's pretty exciting."

The Lions start their series with Lockney in Plainview at 5 p.m. on Wednesday.

Game 2 is Thursday at McMurry at 4 p.m.

If Game 3 is needed, it will follow Game 2 on Thursday.

More...
Working...