Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Indians Come From Behind In Area Round

The 7th ranked Jim Ned Indians swept the Bangs Dragons over the weekend, but it wasn't as easy as it may appear at first glance.

The Indians trailed the Dragons by seven runs in Game 1 and trailed again in Game 2, but that battled back to win both games.

Jim Ned is good, and the Indians experience and leadership helped get them through the tough times in the series.

Coach Vincent Lavallee said, "Well they're seniors. I've got a lot of seniors. I start eight seniors and a junior, so from them to be experienced and old, they just know how to grind and they know how to win. They just play hard, and that's all I can ask for."

Cade Johnson said, "It's shows that we're persistent, and we really don't give up. We just play as a team. We're a band of brothers, and we really just enjoy playing the game."

The Indians are getting an early start to things with Game 1 against Reagan County in Hermleigh on Thursday at 7 p.m. Game 2 is Friday at 1 p.m. Game 3 will follow if it's needed.

More...
Working...