Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Indians Clinch Area Championship

The Jim Ned Indians were looking to take the area championship over Bangs Saturday morning at ACU's Scott Field.

In the fourth inning, the game was tied at one until Chance Beck ripped a double down the left field line.

That hit scored Payton Hamerick as Bangs took a 2-1 lead.

Jim Ned answered back in the fifth. It was tied at two, and then Tyler Bradshaw found a gap in the infield scoring Ty Stewart putting the Indians in front by one.

Later in the fifth, Garrett Frazier got a hold of the offering, and it went all the way to the wall in left center. Two runs scored, and Jim Ned led by three.

The Indians were really pouring it on in the frame. Hunter Lockley went oppo with a big shot over the wall in right, a two run jack.

Jim Ned scored six runs in the fifth inning, and they hung on and took the game 8-3.

They win the series and take home the Area Championship.

"We're excited," head coach Vincent Lavallee said. "This is the first time this group's been by the area round into the playoffs, and I'm happy for the kids more than anything, and closing out Bangs, you know they gave us a good run for our money yesterday and today , and coach Gunnels at Bangs, he does a good job with them. I knew we'd have a fight today, and I'm just glad we came out on top."

"It was a great win," Cade Johnson said. "We're just playing ball like we know how to play. Hitting the ball great, playing defense behind. Great pitching, just playing how we're taught."

The regional quarterfinals are next for the Indians.

They'll play Reagan County next week.

More...
Working...