Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Cooper Shuts Out Dumas to Take Bi-District Championship

The Cooper Cougars were trying to get the series win over Dumas this afternoon up in Lubbock.

Cooper took an early lead when Dumas threw a wild pitch, and Zach Goodson came home to score. The Cougs led 1-0.

It was 2-0 in the fourth inning when Austin Smith ripped one down the third base line. That scored Terreon Paige, and the Cougars led by three.

Still in the fourth when Caleb Freeman hit a hot shot back to the pitcher that dribbled into the outfield. That scored yet another run for the Cougs. They led it 4-0.

Austin Smith was dominant for Cooper on the mound today.

The junior went all seven innings without allowing a run, and picked up 13 strikeouts in the complete game 11-0 shutout.

"Man this is amazing," head coach Cody Salyers said. "The kids are excited, of course I'm excited, and I don't show much emotion a lot of times but you know on the inside I'm smiling pretty good."

"I got chills running down my back right now. I'm pretty hyped up, and I'm glad that we came out here and executed and did things that we're supposed to do, and we played well today," Smith said. "It's definitely a great feeling to be able to come out here and do what teams haven't done in forever, so I'm glad we're one of those teams that gets to be out here and go on to the next round."

More...
Working...