Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Jim Ned's Cook Mining For 4th Gold

Jim Ned's Reese Cook is the man when it comes to Class 3A tennis.

The Indian's senior is back in the state tournament for the fourth year in a row, and Cook is looking for his fourth straight state championship in boys singles.

Cook said, "I feel like I'm just playing tennis. I'm not looking for a certain amount of goal. I just go out and play the point. I play one point at a time and then one game at a time, and then I play one match at a time, so if I go out with that attitude, then I feel like I'm going to very well, and I could get my fourth state championship."

Now, for some perspective, one more gold medal means he would be one of only three players to ever win four straight championships in boys singles.

Cook is aware of the stats, but that's not where his head is right now.

Cook added, "I am very excited about the whole situation, and what not. I am going to feel all of that excitement after I win it. That's what I am planning on. I'm not really thinking too much about it at the moment because I know it'll get to my head, and I'll just play worse from that."

Cook begins the Class 3A state tournament and his quest for that fourth gold medal on May 16th in College Station against an opponent from Sunnyvale.

More...
Working...