Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Hawk Excited about Big Country Athletic Hall of Fame Induction

Former professional tennis player Brandon Hawk talks about being inducted into the Big Country Athletic Hall of Fame.

Brad Cesak said, "D-Rob I'm here at the Big Country Athletic Hall of Fame for the 2016 inductees. I'm here with Brandon Hawk one of the inductees this year, and Brandon, you're looking around, you see all these people. Obviously a big deal. Just talk about joining the ranks of the other athletes here."

Brandon Hawk said, "What an honor to be apart of a great community. To be apart of this group of people that are such amazing athletes. I feel like it's a special honor for myself."

Cesak said, "When you're looking back at all of your accomplishments through the years, is there one or two that stands out, especially from your time here in the Big Country?"

Hawk said, "Yeah you know playing in the US Open and winning a round before my senior year of high school, playing in Wimbledon, being an All-American at the University of Texas as a freshman, those things are really near and dear to my heart moments."

Cesak said, "Looking back, you're playing in a round of the US Open before you even graduate high school and then going to Texas, what was it like just walking through the halls back then.?

Hawk said, "Well I was sponsored by Adidas during those times, so I got a lot of free gear all the time, and everybody at Clyde High had an Adidas tennis t-shirt on, even though they weren't on the Adidas tennis team."

Cesak said, "Well Brandon, congratulations. I know it's a big honor to be a part of this. D-Rob we're going to go ahead and send it back to you in the studio."

Hawk is joined by Albany's Johnny Agan, Bonnie Buchanan Gray from May, Coleman's Kenneth Cleveland is honored posthumously, and former Snyder quarterback Sonny Cumbie is in the Class of 2016.

The Legacy Award goes to the Powell Berry Family from Snyder and Albany.

Al Pickett receives the Lifetime Achievement for Media.

"Dub" Sibley and Margarett Ellison are Bill Hart Memorial Legends.

More...
Working...