Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Freeman Dominates as Cougars' Ace

When Caleb Freeman takes the mound for the Coopers Cougars, it's usually lights out for the other team.

Caleb Freeman said, "Most the time I go out there and try to throw strikes. Let the defense do what they do."

The senior is the unequivocal ace for the Cougs. He carries that mentality with him every time he toes the rubber.

Freeman said, "Most of the other pitchers look up to me being committed and all that good stuff, but I enjoy it. It's a big spot to fill being the ace pitcher, but I enjoy it.

His coach, Cody Salyers, knows when Freeman is on the mound the Cougars have a good shot to win.

Coach Cody Salyers said, "Whenever you have Caleb Freeman on the mound you feel like you have a chance. It should help the other players feel confident. We have a great chance to win, so we're looking forward to him being on the mound and giving us another great game."

One of the things that makes Freeman so good is his fastball, and when he's humming it in there, it's almost impossible to hit.

Freeman said, "This summer I hit 93 at TCU. I feel like I'm around there, sitting around like 89 or 90 or 88, around there."

So what's next for the senior? Well in the fall he'll be joining Texas Tech.

Freeman said, "Extremely blessed to play college ball at Texas Tech, and (Tim) Tadlock is a great guy. He's a funny dudre, but yeah extremely blessed."

But before he heads off to Lubbock, the goal is leading the Cougs to the playoffs.

More...
Working...