Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Jim Ned's Cook Wins Regional Title

Jim Ned's Reese Cook is headed back to the state tournament for the fourth year in row as the regional champion.

Cook met Early's Kwade Boyd for the second year in a row in the final, and needed just two sets to claim the gold medal.

He took the first set, 6-1, and completed the straight sets victory by taking the second set, 6-2.

After the match Cook said, "I am very confident with my game right now. I'm feeling pretty good, as to how I'm playing. I do need to fix my backhand, for sure. I hit way too many slices on my backhand side. I was really confident going into that match. I felt like I was going to win. It feels better when I'm playing against people I've played against before, especially him(Boyd), since I've played him the last two or three years. I've won every time, so I know when I come into this I can win."

Now, it's time for Cook to head to the state tournament where he is the 3-time defending state champion.
    If he wins, Cook will be only the third player to ever win four singles state championships.

More...
Working...