Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Trio Of Golfers Make College Decision

Three Cooper golfers made their college decisions official on Monday.

That group is led by the Lady Cougars' Carlee Freeman.

Freeman helped lead Cooper to the regional tournament in the last two years, and now she is headed to Arkansas to play at Harding University.

College golf was not always in the plan, but one trip to Searcy, and her mind was made up.

Freeman said, "Well I'm really excited to play golf for Harding next year. I wasn't really always thinking about it. I started thinking about it last year, so just being able to go do the whole process is really exciting. When we went to Harding, I just fell in love with it right away. I didn't always know I was going to play golf there, but I love the campus. I'm glad that I chose a school based on the school and not the golf team, but the golf team is actually really good, so I'm blessed to be able to play there."

Freeman is headed 8:45 away.

Cooper boys golfer Bear Bailey staying a little closer to home.

He signed to play for Odessa College.

2016 was a very good year for Bailey with a trip to the Region I-5A tournament, and it got even better on Monday when he signed his letter of intent with the Wranglers.

Bear Bailey said, "Playing college golf has been a dream of mine since I was probably seven, so just being able to do it and knowing I've accomplished my goal is really fun. They have a great program there. They really send a lot of guys to really good schools. So, I'm hoping to get my two years in and then go to the next level."

One other Cooper golfer is staying in town to go to college.

Sabrina Schmidt committed to play for the McMurry War Hawks.

Like Freeman, Schmidt helped lead Cooper to the regionals this year.

More...
Working...