Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Cougars Continue to Grind Out District Wins

The Cooper Cougars are heading into the final stretch of district play with a 5-3 record in the games that count.

Part of the success of the Cougars has been their ability to grind out wins.

Take Saturday's game against Lubbock High as an example, there wasn't a single run scored until the sixth inning, but the Cougars hung tough and did what needed to be done to get a win.

"I mean that's the deal. I just had a long talk about approach to them, and I mean that's kind of the thing we've been talking about all year," head coach Cody Salyers said. "We're kind of off and on with that, but I'm excited about where we're at, and I think we've got good things ahead of us."

"Oh man it tells a lot. Hard work, good approach," pitcher Caleb Freeman said. "The approach was okay today, but I mean. When did we score those three? Like the sixth inning, but I mean we had to grind hard all game. I told them, get me a run and I'll get this next shutout for us. I guess they took my words."

The Cougs will keep working on their approach on Tuesday against Lubbock Cooper.

More...
Working...