Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

ACU Building Toward Future Success

The ACU Wildcats aren't eligible for post-season play until the 2018 season, so head coach Britt Bonneau is using this time to get his team ready.

In doing so, Bonneau has been making sure a number of freshman see the field.

Mark Pearson is the only player on the roster to start every game.

Overall, ten freshman have played this season, and it's definitely a learning process, but the future looks bright for the Wildcats.

"I think Mark Pearson is playing way above his head for a 6-3 guy at shortstop," Bonneau said. "Making all the plays, and really giving our pitchers a chance to get out of innings. Hunter Markwardt in center field is just running down balls left and right, and then throwing down guys at third base and home plate." "

So, I'm seeing a lot of production out of these young guys. So, we have a lot of young guys that I'm sitting here and producing right now as freshman that I can't wait to see them in 2018 when we can actually get this thing rolling and have a chance to go to the playoffs."

The Cats are back in action against the number ten team in the nation, TCU, on Tuesday at the Crutch at 6:30 p.m.

More...
Working...