Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

McMurry Women Earn Sportsmanship Award

RICHARDSON, Texas - In her first year at the helm of the McMurry University women's basketball program, head coach Brittany Densman-Roes' team has been honored with the American Southwest Conference's "Sportsmanship Award" for the 2015-16 season.

The War Hawks shared the honor with Sul Ross State University in voting by the ASC's coaches.

"I am proud of this team in so many ways, but especially for the recognition they received by their peers on winning this award," Densman-Roes said. "It also provides validation for the things we, as coaches, are teaching our athletes about character, leadership, and sportsmanship on and off the court."

McM Director of Athletics Sam Ferguson believes the award is important because it's a positive indicator that the program is headed in the right direction under Densman-Roes.

"It was exciting to learn that our women's basketball team was recognized by the ASC for their sportsmanship. It tells us that we are on the right path with the culture we are building at McMurry," Ferguson said. "Our department and University are personally invested in the success of our scholar-athletes. We are interested in developing champions for life, and not just for a season. Strong character is an important life skill for success, so it is rewarding to receive an honor that acknowledges character. I'm proud of Coach Roes and the women on our team for being recognized for their sportsmanship and I'm proud of the way they represent McMurry."

More...
Working...