Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Denny Hamlin Wins Daytona 500

Sunday marked the beginning of the NASCAR season with The Great American Race, the Daytona 500, and John Kucko was on hand to hear from the winner, Denny Hamlin and runner up Martin Truex Jr.
    "Denny Hamlin acknowledged afterward here at Daytona that when he was in the second grade, just 7 years old, he wrote down on a piece of paper that he wanted to win the Daytona 500," Kucko said. "However, he could never have imagined what unfolded here on the last lap today."
    "It's the pinnacle of my career, for sure. I haven't got a championship yet, so this is obviously the biggest win for myself," Hamlin said. "And it's just the circumstances. J.D. Gibbs, who found me 12 or 13 years ago, it's his birthday today. He's been so pivotal to myself and my team and supporting me for the last 11 years."
    "I felt like I had enough momentum to keep him behind me," Truex Jr. said. "I did all the way until the last couple feet. He just shot out the last couple inches on me, right before the line."
    "Now with the big show behind them, Hamlin and the rest of the NASCAR guys hunker down for the bulk of their season beginning next weekend in Atlanta." Kucko said.

More...
Working...