Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Cooper High Alums Honored at Banquet

Cooper High School presented two more gold footballs to alumni that played in past Super Bowls.

The NFL is giving gold footballs to high schools across the country for each player or coach that took part in a Super Bowl in the last 49 years, and former Cougars Terry Orr and Dominic Rhodes attended the Cooper High Football Banquet tonight at the Abilene Civic Center for this reason.
    Orr and Rhodes were excited to honored by their old high school.
    "I think it's one of those deals where it is something because now kids can touch it, and it's something they can see and they can say, hey here I am at Abilene, and I'm going to Abilene Cooper, and here are some guys who were fortunate enough to go on to the highest level and go to the highest level and compete and win, Orr said. "I think it's just a big deal that the NFL has pulled off around the country that I think is a great honor."

"These footballs, and they see our names attached to those, then I know that they're going to say, hey Dominic Rhodes did it or Terry Orr did it or Justin Snow did it, then I can do it. Believe you can do something, and don't let no one ever tell you you can't," Rhodes said.

That makes three gold footballs for the Cooper Cougars.
    Orr played for the Redskins in Super Bowl XXII and XXVI. Rhodes played for the Colts in Super Bowl XLI.
    Cooper received their third gold football from Justin Snow last week. Snow played with Rhodes in Super Bowl XLI and again in Super Bowl XLIV.

Super Bowl 50 is coming up on Sunday Feb. 7 in San Francisco. You can catch the game on KTAB.

More...
Working...