X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SBBear
    2nd Team
    • Apr 2015

UT This year

With Herman taking over what are some thoughts around Texas and what they will do. IMO strong left the cupboard fuller then when he took over and had the program, I thought going in the right direction. In the end the Kansas debacle cost him. I see no reason for UT not to be 8-5 ish or better with the talent that they have, will need to play much better defense though. They should be a mirror image of what he did at UH and play ball control and improved defense. No reason not to since he was able to do it at UH with lesser to an extent talent.
  • Eagle82
    All District
    • Apr 2015

Based on what happened Saturday, they really need to improve their defense.

Comment

• SBBear
      2nd Team
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle82
      Based on what happened Saturday, they really need to improve their defense.
      I think Texas colleges as a whole need to improve their defenses. Tackling is just atrocious, not sure but may have something to do with high schools running the spread a lot across the state and defense is an after thought in a lot of cases. I think the perenials across the state, Abilene in your area, Allen, Steele, Northshore, Permian to an extent, and Katy for sure as well as others do coach and teach defense.

Another thing is that knowing when to slow it down on offense instead of fast break offense all the time would help as well. ATM game was a perfect example of being able to slow down run clock and walk away with a win. Instead they were snapping the ball with 17 seconds left on the play clock in the 4th qtr as well as throwing it, when they had gained 300 yards in the first half alone on the ground. yes UCLA stacked against the run but loss 2 of the WR, bring in a TE and a lead blocker and viola, instant running game.

In other words I hate the Texas Tech, Baylor style of play, there is a reason the Big 12 has been shut out of the playoffs the last 2 years and teams that play defense are hoisting trophies......

Comment

Working...