X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • svhorns
    All State
    • Apr 2015

Tropical Storm Erika

I've been keeping an eye on this mama for the last couple of days. The cone at the moment is pretty wide and the weather folks are trying to determine if she'll pick up strength. If it does pick up strength they're saying it will curve harder away from Florida and move Northeast. If it continues to move at the speed its going it will most likely hit the bahamas on Sunday as a Cat. 1. Never experienced a hurricane so I'm a little anxious at the moment.
  • CHill
    1st Team
    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns
    I've been keeping an eye on this mama for the last couple of days. The cone at the moment is pretty wide and the weather folks are trying to determine if she'll pick up strength. If it does pick up strength they're saying it will curve harder away from Florida and move Northeast. If it continues to move at the speed its going it will most likely hit the bahamas on Sunday as a Cat. 1. Never experienced a hurricane so I'm a little anxious at the moment.

Board-up widows and expect a lot of rain and stock-up on provisions before the store shelves are empty.

Comment

• sTp
      1st Team
      • Apr 2015

Be prepared for power outages, check your flashlights. Tie any gates together if you have a fence. Park the vehicle in the garage if you can.

Comment

• JagFan
        1st Team
        • Apr 2015

Stay safe! Ditto the stocking up now while there is still stuff on the shelves. Make sure you have a battery operated radio.

Comment

• Eagle82
          All District
          • Apr 2015

Was in St. Lucia a few years ago when Ivan rolled through. We were on the Caribbean side so it wasn't as bad

Comment

• Trojanbacker2
            Special Teams
            • Jul 2015

St. John got a smattering of rain, a bit of wind and that was it. Was hoping for much more rain as the island has been in drought all summer and spring. Looks like W. Texas in August.

Comment

• svhorns
              All State
              • Apr 2015

Erika is going through the heart of Hispaniola which is the Island Haiti and The Dominican Republic share. The terrain is very mountainous which should weaken the storm immensely. If Erika is able to reform after it hits The DR it most likely will hit South Florida as a tropical storm.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎