X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • svhorns
    All State
    • Apr 2015

Biker Gang Shootout in Waco

At a Twin Peaks restaurant. 9 dead and apparently a lot of bikers associated with gangs have made their way to Waco to get involved. Sounds like a very scary situation. Three gangs have been observed there, the Cossacks Motorcycle Club, the Scimitars Motorcycle Club and the Bandidos Motorcycle Club.
  • Eagle82
    All District
    • Apr 2015

So, that being said. Sturgis 2015 anyone?

Seriously though, that's not a situation you want to be caught in the middle of

Comment

• svhorns
      All State
      • Apr 2015

Comment

• CHill
        1st Team
        • Apr 2015

The wildest stuff happens in Waco!

Comment

• Super B
          All District
          • Apr 2015

I drive by there all the time. In fact, I'm going down to Austin tomorrow and will pass right by there. Weird thing is, this was a motorcycle gang fight and this Twin Peaks is less tha 1/4 mile from Harley-Davidson of Waco.
          Super B

Comment

• Hebron0608
            Special Teams
            • Apr 2015

I saw this morning that TABC has suspended the liquor license for at least a week.

Comment

• Super B
              All District
              • Apr 2015

So, I'm at the Flying J just down the street from this place. Lots of CB chatter about this. They actually have the I-35 service road shut down, in front of the Twin Peaks, so now I have to find an alternative route to get back on SB I-35.
              Super B

Comment

• Super B
                All District
                • Apr 2015

KWTX TV is reporting, Twin Peaks corporate (based in Addison) has announced they are pulling their franchise agreement from the Waco location.
                Super B

Comment

• Hebron0608
                  Special Teams
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B
                  KWTX TV is reporting, Twin Peaks corporate (based in Addison) has announced they are pulling their franchise agreement from the Waco location.
                  From what I've read that franchisee corporation is the owner of Genghis Grill, and was new to Twin Peaks. I have had fun today on various social media sites reading about why wasn't the national guard called in (for what?) and why weren't there mass arrests (guess 192 isn't mass enough for some) and this is what happens when you have liberal gun control laws.

I highly doubt many of the guns were registered and if they were they've been stolen from whoever legally owned them. Gun laws had nothing to do with this.

Comment

• Super B
                    All District
                    • Apr 2015

Right. Laws DO NOT prevent all crime. Laws can be a deterrent, but CRIMINALS do not care about laws no matter how many laws there are. Even if most of the guns used were registered, it makes no difference. Even if all shooters had CHL's, it makes no difference. A LAW BREAKER breaks laws, period.
                    Super B

Comment

• Eagle82
                      All District
                      • Apr 2015

Abilene may be getting their very own TP. The old Genghis Grill shut down and TP is advertising for a GM for Abilene. It will be interesting to see how this develops with three church colleges in town, lot's a religion. Years back some guy opened up something similar and was run out of business, despite the fact it was later found that he had stolen most of the kitchen equipment. Doubtful any of the local college girls will work at the place as the schools are small and would frown upon them doing so. Not that they could stop them I guess but they could make it hard on the girls when it comes to academics.

Comment

• Eagle82
                        All District
                        • Apr 2015

That being said, I would bet the powers that be in Abilene will do their best to block any efforts by TP to open up here.

A blurb from an incident that happened here at the local Logan's.

"The Bandidos and Cossacks motorcycle clubs were involved in a fight in November 2013 at Logan’s Roadhouse. Bandidos local chapter President Curtis Jack Lewis was arrested and charged with aggravated assault in connection with the stabbing of two people of the rival club at the restaurant."

Comment

• Super B
                          All District
                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle82
                          Abilene may be getting their very own TP. The old Genghis Grill shut down and TP is advertising for a GM for Abilene. It will be interesting to see how this develops with three church colleges in town, lot's a religion. Years back some guy opened up something similar and was run out of business, despite the fact it was later found that he had stolen most of the kitchen equipment. Doubtful any of the local college girls will work at the place as the schools are small and would frown upon them doing so. Not that they could stop them I guess but they could make it hard on the girls when it comes to academics.
                          How would they know the girls worked there? The Dean of students went for a brew-sky and saw some chick he suspected was a college student? lol

Nah, actually, even with Christian colleges, in this day and age, I doubt it would much matter.
                          Super B

Comment

• Super B
                            All District
                            • Apr 2015

That being said, I would bet the powers that be in Abilene will do their best to block any efforts by TP to open up here.

A blurb from an incident that happened here at the local Logan's.

"The Bandidos and Cossacks motorcycle clubs were involved in a fight in November 2013 at Logan’s Roadhouse. Bandidos local chapter President Curtis Jack Lewis was arrested and charged with aggravated assault in connection with the stabbing of two people of the rival club at the restaurant."
                            Abilene doesn't have a Hooter's or other Breastaurant?
                            Do they have strip clubs?
                            Regular bars?
                            Super B

Comment

• Eagle82
                              All District
                              • Apr 2015

How would they know the girls worked there? The Dean of students went for a brew-sky and saw some chick he suspected was a college student? lol

Nah, actually, even with Christian colleges, in this day and age, I doubt it would much matter.
                              Don't underestimate the CoC and Baptist here, they will know. McMurry, a Methodist school could care less.

Comment

• Eagle82
                                All District
                                • Apr 2015

Abilene doesn't have a Hooter's or other Breastaurant?
                                Do they have strip clubs?
                                Regular bars?
                                There is a strip club on I-20 outside of Tye, Jaguars. Another one in town though it's hidden away somewhere.

Telling you man, this is Abilene!

Comment

• Super B
                                  All District
                                  • Apr 2015

There is a strip club on I-20 outside of Tye, Jaguars. Another one in town though it's hidden away somewhere.

Telling you man, this is Abilene!
                                  I know. Yeah, I've been by that Jags. It's across from the Flying J. Pretty far out of the way.
                                  Super B

Comment

• King_Curtis
                                    Practice Squad
                                    • Apr 2015

Once again, SuperB going off half-****ed about something he knows nothing about. In the 80's and 90's, ACU used to patrol the bar parking lots and take down the license platte #'s of those cars that had ACU parking stickers. Then come Monday, you had to answer for it. And until the early 2000's, the consumption of alcohol, even by someone of age, was forbidden. Make no mistake, the old hats from ACU and HSU run that town, but I wouldn't expect you to know that.

Comment

• Eagle82
                                      All District
                                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by King_Curtis
                                      Once again, SuperB going off half-****ed about something he knows nothing about. In the 80's and 90's, ACU used to patrol the bar parking lots and take down the license platte #'s of those cars that had ACU parking stickers. Then come Monday, you had to answer for it. And until the early 2000's, the consumption of alcohol, even by someone of age, was forbidden. Make no mistake, the old hats from ACU and HSU run that town, but I wouldn't expect you to know that.
                                      In all fairness he wouldn't be expected to know it. I wasn't around when that guy opened up the wanna be hooters place. Did it ever open? If so, did the colleges run their patrols?

Comment

• Super B
                                        All District
                                        • Apr 2015

Thank you for your kind words.
                                        Super B

Comment

• Hebron0608
                                          Special Teams
                                          • Apr 2015

I was raised in the church of Christ and was strongly encouraged by many in the church to go to ACU. However they were 1) really expensive and 2) had dress codes and curfews. I didn't have those at home, why would I go to college and have them?

Comment

• King_Curtis
                                            Practice Squad
                                            • Apr 2015

In all fairness he wouldn't be expected to know it. I wasn't around when that guy opened up the wanna be hooters place. Did it ever open? If so, did the colleges run their patrols?
                                            Exactly, he wouldn't be expected to know, so he should probably keep his ill-informed and misguided opinions to himself. What place do you speak of? The one that was supposed to open up in the mid 1990's on SW Drive where Chik-fil-a is now?

Comment

• King_Curtis
                                              Practice Squad
                                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Hebron0608

I was raised in the church of Christ and was strongly encouraged by many in the church to go to ACU. However they were 1) really expensive and 2) had dress codes and curfews. I didn't have those at home, why would I go to college and have them?
                                              I knew there was a reason I liked you, even in spite of the ginger effect

Comment

• Super B
                                                All District
                                                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Hebron0608

As coC Universities go, ACU is one of the more liberal ones. Back when you are talking about I don't know how liberal or conservative they were at the time, but now they are definitely one of the more liberal coC Universities. They have always been expensive, still are.
                                                Super B

Comment

• Super B
                                                  All District
                                                  • Apr 2015

Exactly, he wouldn't be expected to know, so he should probably keep his ill-informed and misguided opinions to himself. What place do you speak of? The one that was supposed to open up in the mid 1990's on SW Drive where Chik-fil-a is now?
                                                  Having an "informed" or "guided" opinion is not a requirement to be on a message board. The weird thing is, the determining factor as to whether an opinion is correct or incorrect is the opinion of the person reading the original opinion. With that being said, I do plan to continue sharing my opinions. Settle in. Hopefully you won't disagree with all of them.

Besides, I did not base my opinion, on what has happened in Abilene in the past, but rather the world we live in today. A lot has changed since the '80's/'90's. Truth is, I doubt any ACU or HSU girls would work at a place like TP anyway.
                                                  Super B

Comment

• Eagle2
                                                    All District
                                                    • Apr 2015

Interesting one witness account of setup:

Comment

Working...
                                                    😀
                                                    😂
                                                    🥰
                                                    😘
                                                    🤢
                                                    😎
                                                    😞
                                                    😡
                                                    👍
                                                    👎