X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • austin109
    Practice Squad
    • Apr 2015

Workout Thread

You know who you are. If you're a worker-outer get in here and share some tips and tricks.

I've been doing some true functional training exercises (If its balancing, 1 limbed, or on a rope you're wrong) but I decided to throw in some density training for a change of pace. Density training is the concept of "How much work can I do in a predetermined amount of time". Block off a set amount of time, plan an exercise, kill it.

5/2/2015

Deadlift - 5 Minutes to accomplish
    1x30
    1x25
    1x20 All of these were done at 135lbs
    1x15
    1x10
    1x5

Rinse, repeat with new exercises. I did Deadlift, Pushups (weighted), Lat Pulldowns, and Barbell Curls. All followed the same template. I was done with my workout in 30 minutes and managed to crawl out in just under an hour.
  • austin109
    Practice Squad
    • Apr 2015

5/3/2015
    Prowler Sprints

20x20 yards
    270lbs on the prowler

I wanna die.

Comment

• King_Curtis
      Practice Squad
      • Apr 2015

Come pull tires with me. You gotta wear my elevation mask tho

Comment

• ktCarl
        Special Teams
        • Apr 2015

I don't think old men like me should do deadlifts.

Comment

• svhorns
          All State
          • Apr 2015

Comment

• svhorns
            All State
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by ktCarl

That's alright Carl working out is a fad.

Comment

• sTp
              1st Team
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns

That's alright Carl working out is a fad.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/health/medi...bod/ar-BBjewl7
              That means ANY minute now a bevy of babes is gonna come a runnin'!!

any minute now..

Comment

• Hebron0608
                Special Teams
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by austin109
                You know who you are. If you're a worker-outer get in here and share some tips and tricks.

I've been doing some true functional training exercises (If its balancing, 1 limbed, or on a rope you're wrong) but I decided to throw in some density training for a change of pace. Density training is the concept of "How much work can I do in a predetermined amount of time". Block off a set amount of time, plan an exercise, kill it.

5/2/2015

Deadlift - 5 Minutes to accomplish
                1x30
                1x25
                1x20 All of these were done at 135lbs
                1x15
                1x10
                1x5

Rinse, repeat with new exercises. I did Deadlift, Pushups (weighted), Lat Pulldowns, and Barbell Curls. All followed the same template. I was done with my workout in 30 minutes and managed to crawl out in just under an hour.
                Yeah I can't do that. I just have to quit eating between now and 5/30 when the cruise leaves. But we did do P90X Shoulders & Arms and T25 Lower Focus this morning. I hurt my right shoulder in February and am just now getting back to the weights I was doing pre-injury.

Comment

• austin109
                  Practice Squad
                  • Apr 2015

I think you're wrong. I've had older and more banged up guys do it before. With bands. And chains. Suck it up Carl.

Comment

• austin109
                    Practice Squad
                    • Apr 2015

5/9/15
                    Another 30/25/20/15/10/5 day
                    Front Squats with a 50lb sand bag
                    Front, Lateral, and Rear Delt Raises. One round each. Oof.
                    Hammer Curls
                    Tricep Extensions

I gotta say the heavily reduced weight worried me that I'd lose a bunch of size and honestly I've gone the other way. More muscle, burned off some fat, and my cardio has gone up without me having to try. I think I'm on to something.

5/10/15
                    Going to run the 30 plan one more week to finish strong.
                    Bench
                    Deadlift
                    Overhead Press
                    Pull ups

Comment

• ktCarl
                      Special Teams
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by austin109

I think you're wrong. I've had older and more banged up guys do it before. With bands. And chains. Suck it up Carl.
                      Coach Bruno is the one that told me I shouldn't do Squats or Deadlifts anymore.

Comment

• Bass
                        Special Teams
                        • Aug 2015

Coach Bruno is the one that told me I shouldn't do Squats or Deadlifts anymore.
                        That had more to do with the shorts you were wearing, Carl.

Comment

• Bass
                          Special Teams
                          • Aug 2015

I haven't been working out, but through a change in diet I've managed to drop 12 pounds in six weeks. I ate like total garbage over the past year and it really started to show. 90% of my shirts fit again and all of my pants button without effort. It's great.

My heartburn is also much better.

Comment

• svhorns
                            All State
                            • Apr 2015

Austin, Ive gone from 200lbs on the dot to 166 in 4 months, better diet and cardio. I havent done resistance training outside of daily push ups, situps, and doing ab ripper x about every other day. I have been running 2 miles every day for the last 2 weeks with sundays off. Im trying to figure out when i should start concentrating more on the lifting part to start toning the body rather than the cardio portion. I know cardio is a must but Im sure i can cut back on the distance running to every other day rather than 6 days a week. Im not trying to get bigger just more cut.

Im about 5'8 so 166 is ok but i know i can still burn more fat before I start the weight/resistance training.
                            Last edited by svhorns; 08-29-2015, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• svhorns
                              All State
                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Bass
                              I haven't been working out, but through a change in diet I've managed to drop 12 pounds in six weeks. I ate like total garbage over the past year and it really started to show. 90% of my shirts fit again and all of my pants button without effort. It's great.

My heartburn is also much better.

Dude the heartburn stuff is no joke. Ive had heartburn for as long as I can remember. Ive been on a diet for the last 4 months and ive had heartburn once. I also dipped so that would make my heartburn even worse.

Ive dipped for 13 years and have been tobacco and nicotine free for 2 weeks now. Ive been using dip made with mint leaves and vegetable oils and its working great so far as an alternative. I know the feeling about the shirts as well, I was tired of them sticking to my sides because of the fat. Now they hang loose.

Comment

• Eagle82
                                All District
                                • Apr 2015

Change in diet and managed calories will make all the difference in the world. Say no to sugars.

Comment

• austin109
                                  Practice Squad
                                  • Apr 2015

Sorry I havent been very active lately folks. Oil got wonky so I had a change up in my life that had me running like a chicken with my head cut off until recently

Originally posted by svhorns
                                  Austin, Ive gone from 200lbs on the dot to 166 in 4 months, better diet and cardio. I havent done resistance training outside of daily push ups, situps, and doing ab ripper x about every other day. I have been running 2 miles every day for the last 2 weeks with sundays off. Im trying to figure out when i should start concentrating more on the lifting part to start toning the body rather than the cardio portion. I know cardio is a must but Im sure i can cut back on the distance running to every other day rather than 6 days a week. Im not trying to get bigger just more cut.

Im about 5'8 so 166 is ok but i know i can still burn more fat before I start the weight/resistance training.
                                  You can absolutely burn quite a bit of fat without resistance training. However resistance training will always speed up the fat burning process and help you get to your end result quicker. An easy way to get a better total body approach is to think of it as 3 options and you can get good at 2.

Endurance
                                  Strength
                                  Size

If you dont want to gain much size it would be a good idea to focus on gaining strength. An increase in strength will pay dramatic dividends for your cardio program. A great program to start strength training for athletics and not pure size is "Starting Strength" By Mark Rippetoe. It focuses on just small but continual strength gains. If you keep your diet in check you wont gain too much size. Size is and will always be calories in > calories out. If it was easy to be big and muscular I'd be about 35lbs heavier tomorrow.

Comment

Working...