Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Farmer
    All District
    • Apr 2015

DeSoto looked awful on the defensive side of the ball and along both lines. I'm sure they will correct that but by how much? Their effort left s lot to be desired this last weekend and quite frankly they just looked bad at several positions including both the offensive and defensive lines. I'm thinking IMG is able to give DEsoto a gsme and possibly best them

Comment

• svhorns
      All State
      • Apr 2015

IMG was missing 3 of their best players in their game against American Heritgage and one of the players injured was DT Rashan Gary arguably the top recruit in the nation. I'm not sure how severe their injuries are but IMG will be a much better team with them if they get them back this week.

Desoto's lines looked horrible on both sides of the ball and if they thought Martin had good line play man oh man wait until they see what IMG has on the lines.

I think Desoto makes improvements from last weeks game but if IMG plays as a team like Martin did look for a similar score to the Martin game. My brain is telling me a blowout in IMG's favor but my heart is telling me a back and forth shoot out type game that will end up close at the end.

Comment

• Hollywood
        Special Teams
        • Aug 2015

While this game may be indicative of DeSoto's status at this stage of the season and that we would all love for Texas to be well represented, in the bigger scheme of things this will not impact much at all. If Desoto wins many can have warm fuzzies about the team. Wondermous. But this is NOT a make or break for this team.

That said, they face SOC and then Steele ...

just saying the jury could be out for a few weeks yet. District : GP, Mansfield, SGP, Chill, Midlothian, Duncanville.

They will be in the playoffs. So it is all about getting the team to clicking on all cylinders to handle district and then compete at a high level. There is time for this.
        The 3 games Mansfield, SGP, CHill are the core of their 8-6A ranking.

I get that some folks are wrapped up in how teams rank in state during the year. Like that matters much. Bragging rights I guess.
        Last edited by Hollywood; 09-02-2015, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• CHill
          1st Team
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer

What does cost have to do with it?

So you're saying there is a number that makes it okay to do what Texas does but not other states? That's laughable. What IMG is doing isn't anything different than what Trinity dis or what you're seeing at Allen and in south Dallas area now
          IMG cost 80k to attend and train, try to be more inform before u post stupid sh?t!

Comment

• svhorns
            All State
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by CHill

IMG cost 80k to attend and train, try to be more inform before u post stupid sh?t!
            I can assure you more than half of the IMG team is not paying squat to attend school there.

Comment

• CHill
              1st Team
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns
              I can assure you more than half of the IMG team is not paying squat to attend school there.
              That's probably true and state is picking up the tap. Since u'r there (FL) check out the financial impact the state has committed to the school. There is no comparison valid from a public school to entity such as IMG. The rules are in place with the UIL and the ones that don't like them need to petition for a change. I'm sure the executive committee will take it under consideration. Did see where the UIL did their job today denied eligibility for a senior WR that PAPF was not sign off on.

Comment

• Farmer
                All District
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by CHill

if you're going to tell somebody they're posting stupid **** then don't come across like a teenage girl and at leadt spell out YOU. Just because you support a school who likes to cheat and has a coach with the morals of a well, you know, don't be pissed at me. I stand by what I said , IMG is t any different than schools like Cedar Hill.

Comment

• dada
                  2nd Team
                  • Apr 2015

In 2008, if ESPN would've televised Katy/North Shore(NS WIn 10-6) or Katy/Woods(47-0 Woods).....we would've all felt the same about Katy going into the CY-Bay game as we do going into the Desoto/IMG game...hopefully the result is the same and DeSoto represents.

Comment

• birddog14
                    Practice Squad
                    • Apr 2015

not sure what to think about this article

Comment

• Farmer
                      All District
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by birddog14
                      not sure what to think about this article
                      http://beta.sportsdaydfw.com/high-sc...-establishment
                      the Purity or sanctity or whatever you want to call it has been ruined from within here in Texas. Playing IMG doesn't ruin the reputation of Texas HS football because our own schools have done just fine doing it themselves

Comment

• birddog14
                        Practice Squad
                        • Apr 2015

I hear ya

Comment

• svhorns
                          All State
                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns
                          IMG was missing 3 of their best players in their game against American Heritgage and one of the players injured was DT Rashan Gary arguably the top recruit in the nation. I'm not sure how severe their injuries are but IMG will be a much better team with them if they get them back this week.

Desoto's lines looked horrible on both sides of the ball and if they thought Martin had good line play man oh man wait until they see what IMG has on the lines.

I think Desoto makes improvements from last weeks game but if IMG plays as a team like Martin did look for a similar score to the Martin game. My brain is telling me a blowout in IMG's favor but my heart is telling me a back and forth shoot out type game that will end up close at the end.
                          The brain wins.

Comment

• Farmer
                            All District
                            • Apr 2015

IMG is having their way with DESoto according to a buddy of mine. Chalk DESoto in to being overrated again

Comment

• svhorns
                              All State
                              • Apr 2015

Desoto needs to improve and improve fast. Their line play is atrocious and Wallace's raw skills as a passer are really showing.

Comment

• svhorns
                                All State
                                • Apr 2015

Comment

Working...