X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • svhorns
    All State
    • Apr 2015

Week 2: Galena Park North Shore vs Manvel

On 9/4. Does Manvel bounce back after losing to Spring Westfield? Post information and opinions on the game here.
    Galena Park North Shore
    66.67%
    Manvel
    33.33%
  • Farmer
    All District
    • Apr 2015

Not knowing much about either. I'm going to say North Shore wins. They are one program who seems to always have the athletes to compete with anybody.

Comment

• ray1301
      Special Teams
      • Aug 2015

Manvel blew out NS last year. However NS surprisingly is showing a more balanced offense this year. In fact in the first game NS actually had more passing yards than rushing. Manvel's weakness so far seems to be outside containment. The CB's and DE were pinching in too quickly in the SW game. I'm sure they will work on this this week as it is very glaring.

I'm going with NS in this one by 14+

Comment

• SBBear
        2nd Team
        • Apr 2015

Although NS is better than last year I think Manvel bounces back this week in a close one. I think NS defense will have a good game against Manvel, they have the quickness in the secondary to cover, they will need to pressure King. if NS runs the ball effectively and keeps King off of the field they could win. This will be a good, close game and really can go either way

Comment

• BevoBo
          Special Teams
          • Apr 2015

Where is this game being played? I like NS, and I think Manvel is beatable using the Katy/Westfield power running game formula. I just don't know if that is NS this year.

Comment

• svhorns
            All State
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by BevoBo
            Where is this game being played? I like NS, and I think Manvel is beatable using the Katy/Westfield power running game formula. I just don't know if that is NS this year.
            GPISD

Comment

• Super B
              All District
              • Apr 2015

I hope NS wins, but really don't know. I like the idea of running on Manvel. If they do have a more balanced offense than last season, that's a definite plus. I'll say NS in a close one.
              Super B

Comment

• north shore mike
                Practice Squad
                • May 2015

Here is how NS faired in their first game. Note that CS had 14 returners and I thought the game was going to be so much closer. With a year under their belt with a New OC; NS is clicking on all cylinders. The 2nd year Head coach and former DC is heavily involved with the defense and as you can see, they are swarming, athletic and wrap up. Looks like we need to clean up the center/holder exchange and the failure to open holes on the off tackle run plays. Even with the issues in the run game; the stats below shows we still run the ball well. The coaches will get these issues cleaned up as we get ready for our upcoming tough 3 game stretch. Clean up the run game and we should be able to keep the Manvel game close and possibly squeak out a victory. One last note; CS had 2 td runs of 60 and 45 yards. Other than that, they had 33 plays for 87 yards. Pretty AWESOME!
                Galena Park North Shore League City Clear Springs
                Total yards 599 192
                First downs 30 4
                Rushes/Yds 39/264 30/176
                Average rush 6.77 5.87
                Comp/Atts 22/34/0 3/5/0
                Pass yards 335 16
                Comp pct 64.71 60
                Punts 1 7
                Punting Yards 39 286
                Punting Average 39 40.86
                Fumbles/Lost 0/0 0/0
                Penalties-yards 6-47 6-30

Comment

• Farmer
                  All District
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by north shore mike
                  Here is how NS faired in their first game. Note that CS had 14 returners and I thought the game was going to be so much closer. With a year under their belt with a New OC; NS is clicking on all cylinders. The 2nd year Head coach and former DC is heavily involved with the defense and as you can see, they are swarming, athletic and wrap up. Looks like we need to clean up the center/holder exchange and the failure to open holes on the off tackle run plays. Even with the issues in the run game; the stats below shows we still run the ball well. The coaches will get these issues cleaned up as we get ready for our upcoming tough 3 game stretch. Clean up the run game and we should be able to keep the Manvel game close and possibly squeak out a victory. One last note; CS had 2 td runs of 60 and 45 yards. Other than that, they had 33 plays for 87 yards. Pretty AWESOME!
                  Galena Park North Shore League City Clear Springs
                  Total yards 599 192
                  First downs 30 4
                  Rushes/Yds 39/264 30/176
                  Average rush 6.77 5.87
                  Comp/Atts 22/34/0 3/5/0
                  Pass yards 335 16
                  Comp pct 64.71 60
                  Punts 1 7
                  Punting Yards 39 286
                  Punting Average 39 40.86
                  Fumbles/Lost 0/0 0/0
                  Penalties-yards 6-47 6-30
                  that's a stat line of domination. Love the balance in the play calling but the stat that stands out most to me is you ran a little more than twice as many plays as they did. I know that won't happen every game but man that makes for one rested defense and an offense chewing up clock and first downs.

Comment

• The King
                    Practice Squad
                    • Jul 2015

I think this will be the best game played all weekend.

Comment

• ktCarl
                      Special Teams
                      • Apr 2015

Manvel 43
                      North Shore 40

Must have been a good game to watch.

Comment

Working...