X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • svhorns
    All State
    • Apr 2015

Way Too Early Top 25

Lets go boys. Put your money where your mouth is.
  • SumDude
    Practice Squad
    • Apr 2015

I already posted my ranking (copied and pasted below) on the national board back on December 23rd. That was (obviously) four months ago and so much has changed w/ coaching and transfers. I will update my Top 25 as soon as Spring games are over. Yes, folks… Allen is going to move up (w/ the new 4* QB transfer and Tupou bros reportedly coming back), significantly. Most interested in seeing how the ET, LT, and Westlake spring games shape out, and how Hightower, Skyline, and Elsik look over the next month (those three teams have enough talent to FILL an entire elite D1 program's roster). Desoto and Cedar Hill will be young, but loaded in 2015. However, they might just be legendary in 2016! Dear, Lord!

1. Katy
    2. Desoto
    3. Euless Trinity
    4. Cibolo Steele
    5. Arlington Martin
    6. Manvel
    7. Arlington Lamar
    8. Spring Westfield
    9. Cedar Hill
    10. FB Hightower
    11. Denton Guyer
    12. Pearland
    13. Allen
    14. Southlake Carroll
    15. Dallas Skyline
    16. Klein Collins
    17. Mesquite Horn
    18. Converse Judson
    19. Lake Travis
    20. Austin Westlake
    21. Alief Elsik
    22. Arlington Bowie
    23. Langham Creek
    24. Rockwall
    25. Humble Atascocita

THE NEXT EIGHT:

26. Dickinson
    27. Killeen Shoemaker
    28. McKinney Boyd
    29. Mansfield
    30. North Shore
    31. Tyler Lee
    32. Houston Lamar
    33. Odessa Permian

Comment

• OakTreeOut-n-Up
      Special Teams
      • Apr 2015

Arlington schools in the top 10?

Comment

• SumDude
        Practice Squad
        • Apr 2015

Well, one team went 10-3 and (likely) finished in the Top 10 in state, last year. The other team went 8-3 and (likely) finished in the Top 25 in state, last year. Both teams come back loaded, which Lamar having several D1 athletes on both sides of the ball.

Here was my write up in my 2015 Way Too Early Top 25 from December 23, 2014 posted on the national board...

5. Arlington Martin (D1-R1) will certainly bring back a potent squad led by D1 stud RB-Nic Smith (5'10 190), QB-Eric Walker (5'10 170), ATH-Tre Brown (5'9 1750), WR-Tyler Wilson (6'0 175), WR-Krystian Levy (5'11 165), OL-Carter McFadden (6'1 265), OL-Leonard Bradley (5'10 255), DE-Jimmy Nelson (6'3 240), LB-Daquaylyn Thomas (5'11 200), LB-Tristen Lutz (6'2 215), LB-Ken Waller (6'0 200), ATH-Sherrod Taylor (5'9 165), and speedster CB-Keshun Reed (5'8 170). Martin will return their leading passer (Walker), leading rusher (Smith), top two leading [wide] receivers (Wilson, Levy), and a relentless defensive end (Nelson). Arlington Martin vs Arlington Lamar should be a treat in 2015 (unlike the 67-20 blowout this year). If The studs coming up from the freshman and JV levels perform, as expected, the 2015 season could be special for Martin.

7. Arlington Lamar (D2-R1) might start the season ranked in the Top 10 in 6A. They return 4-Star QB-Shane Buechele (6'2 190), WR-Kofi Boateng (6'1 180), RB-Rashod Polk (5'8 175), RB-Ali Lancaster (5-7 185), DE-William Paige (6'3 250), DE-Bryce Notree (6'4 220), OT-Remington Davis (6'4 280), OT-Chris Owens (6'4 280), DT-Cody Owens (6'1 260), S-Jeff Lynch (5'10 190), and CB-Madre Harper (6'2 180). All of them should be playing D1 ball on Saturdays! Lamar looks to return about 14-15 entrenched starters/players with a lot of PT. They could be special in 2015, depending on who they bring in to quickly install their methods and system and have success. It could be a dream year for the Vikings… or VERY underwhelming. Lamar (along with Desoto) will literally look like a mid-major college when they get off the bus. Size, power, and speed everywhere! What will they do with it?

Comment

• CHill
          1st Team
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by SumDude
          Well, one team went 10-3 and (likely) finished in the Top 10 in state, last year. The other team went 8-3 and (likely) finished in the Top 25 in state, last year. Both teams come back loaded, which Lamar having several D1 athletes on both sides of the ball.

Here was my write up in my 2015 Way Too Early Top 25 from December 23, 2014 posted on the national board...

5. Arlington Martin (D1-R1) will certainly bring back a potent squad led by D1 stud RB-Nic Smith (5'10 190), QB-Eric Walker (5'10 170), ATH-Tre Brown (5'9 1750), WR-Tyler Wilson (6'0 175), WR-Krystian Levy (5'11 165), OL-Carter McFadden (6'1 265), OL-Leonard Bradley (5'10 255), DE-Jimmy Nelson (6'3 240), LB-Daquaylyn Thomas (5'11 200), LB-Tristen Lutz (6'2 215), LB-Ken Waller (6'0 200), ATH-Sherrod Taylor (5'9 165), and speedster CB-Keshun Reed (5'8 170). Martin will return their leading passer (Walker), leading rusher (Smith), top two leading [wide] receivers (Wilson, Levy), and a relentless defensive end (Nelson). Arlington Martin vs Arlington Lamar should be a treat in 2015 (unlike the 67-20 blowout this year). If The studs coming up from the freshman and JV levels perform, as expected, the 2015 season could be special for Martin.

7. Arlington Lamar (D2-R1) might start the season ranked in the Top 10 in 6A. They return 4-Star QB-Shane Buechele (6'2 190), WR-Kofi Boateng (6'1 180), RB-Rashod Polk (5'8 175), RB-Ali Lancaster (5-7 185), DE-William Paige (6'3 250), DE-Bryce Notree (6'4 220), OT-Remington Davis (6'4 280), OT-Chris Owens (6'4 280), DT-Cody Owens (6'1 260), S-Jeff Lynch (5'10 190), and CB-Madre Harper (6'2 180). All of them should be playing D1 ball on Saturdays! Lamar looks to return about 14-15 entrenched starters/players with a lot of PT. They could be special in 2015, depending on who they bring in to quickly install their methods and system and have success. It could be a dream year for the Vikings… or VERY underwhelming. Lamar (along with Desoto) will literally look like a mid-major college when they get off the bus. Size, power, and speed everywhere! What will they do with it?

Lamar has been a major disappointment come PO time, just ask Abilene Cooper and Abilene, maybe the change at HC will help them win a bi round game and that will be accomplishment for the program. Martin has a very good HC and he seems to get the best out of his team and was the only 3-6A team to get out of the bi round. Lutz is a baseball first kid that didn't even play football last year from what I was told, but is a very good athlete. Waller is another baseball first kid that is a PO only and is very slow to even be consider at the LB position. They will find out early what their about when they face DeSoto and don't think that game will even be close.

Comment

• svhorns
            All State
            • Apr 2015

I was aware of the Arlington Lamar squad and I had them #1 in AISD but now you're making me think a little bit. Great write up.

Comment

• svhorns
              All State
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by OakTreeOut-n-Up
              Arlington schools in the top 10?

Welcome to the board Oak man always fun reading your national opinion on games and teams.

Comment

• OakTreeOut-n-Up
                Special Teams
                • Apr 2015

Thanks for the welcome.

Comment

• TrojanHorse03
                  Special Teams
                  • Apr 2015

I'm going to go with Katy beating Cedar Hill this time, and Desoto on the D1 side barring injuries between now and December. Other than that I don't know.

Comment

• 93streak
                    Special Teams
                    • Apr 2015

at first glance this is what i came up with

1. Katy
                    2. Desoto
                    3. Manvel
                    4. Trinity
                    5. Arl Martin
                    6. C Hill
                    7. Steele
                    8. Spring Westfield
                    9. Allen
                    10. SLC
                    11. Guyer
                    12. Pearland
                    13. FB Hightower
                    14. Arl Lamar
                    15. North Shore
                    16. Dickinson
                    17. Lake Travis
                    18. Cy Fair
                    19. Mesquite Horn
                    20. Westlake
                    21. Rockwall
                    22. Klein Collins
                    23. Attascocita
                    24. Mckinney Boyd
                    25. Langham Creek

Comment

• Bobcats17
                      Practice Squad
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by 93streak
                      at first glance this is what i came up with

1. Katy
                      2. Desoto
                      3. Manvel
                      4. Trinity
                      5. Arl Martin
                      6. C Hill
                      7. Steele
                      8. Spring Westfield
                      9. Allen
                      10. SLC
                      11. Guyer
                      12. Pearland
                      13. FB Hightower
                      14. Arl Lamar
                      15. North Shore
                      16. ****inson
                      17. Lake Travis
                      18. Cy Fair
                      19. Mesquite Horn
                      20. Westlake
                      21. Rockwall
                      22. Klein Collins
                      23. Attascocita
                      24. Mckinney Boyd
                      25. Langham Creek

I thought everyone had completely fallen asleep on Fair. With a close loss to Dickinson and Langham (from this list), I think we could be well positioned for another good season. Bringing back more than half starters (O, D and ST collectively) off Region Semi-Finals last year. We'll see how we come out of the gate against TWHS.

Comment

• 93streak
                        Special Teams
                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Bobcats17

I thought everyone had completely fallen asleep on Fair. With a close loss to ****inson and Langham (from this list), I think we could be well positioned for another good season. Bringing back more than half starters (O, D and ST collectively) off Region Semi-Finals last year. We'll see how we come out of the gate against TWHS.

nope just never know which team will show up and injuries have hurt last two years also would be higher, but i figured thats about right this early in the year

Comment

• Super B
                          All District
                          • Apr 2015

D*I*C*K*inson

Funny how the filter works too well in this case.
                          Super B

Comment

• Shady12
                            2nd Team
                            • Apr 2015

[COLOR=#FF0000]
                            26. ****inson
                            27. Killeen Shoemaker
                            28. McKinney Boyd
                            29. Mansfield
                            30. North Shore
                            31. Tyler Lee
                            32. Houston Lamar
                            33. Odessa Permian
                            Do you have Permian winning 3-6A? That's a bit bold but wouldn't count them out.

Comment

• Admin
                              TX HS Football Talk
                              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Super B
                              D*I*C*K*inson

Funny how the filter works too well in this case.
                              Fixed.

Comment

• Eagle82
                                All District
                                • Apr 2015

I'll probably get some grief for this but heck, if you're going to have D1 and DII, why not have separate polls for each? I understand that many teams aren't designated for a division until playoffs arrive but...

Comment

• Shady12
                                  2nd Team
                                  • Apr 2015

Because of that. 6A is 6A. You can't make D1 and D2 polls because no team is D1 or D2 right now. Sure there are some that know for sure which they'd be in but unless they all do you can't do it.

Comment

• dada
                                    2nd Team
                                    • Apr 2015

Allen is probably the only team in Texas LOCKED to go D1(maybe a few more)....Some teams won't know until the playoff picture in their district is set.

Comment

• CHill
                                      1st Team
                                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by dada
                                      Allen is probably the only team in Texas LOCKED to go D1(maybe a few more)....Some teams won't know until the playoff picture in their district is set.

ET, Skyline are locks too.

Comment

• Eagle82
                                        All District
                                        • Apr 2015

No, I get it.

So how about the end of season polls after all the teams have been assigned to their respective divisions.

Comment

• Shady12
                                          2nd Team
                                          • Apr 2015

The teams that know for sure (LOCKED) are the ones who have the two highest and lowest enrollments in their districts. I wouldn't want separate D1 and D2 polls at any time. They're all 6A teams and if you did that, you'd then wonder, "hmm, I wonder which D2 top 10 teams are better than D1 top 10 teams." and vice versa. Oh wait- we already have full 6A polls.

Comment

• Eagle82
                                            All District
                                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Shady12
                                            The teams that know for sure (LOCKED) are the ones who have the two highest and lowest enrollments in their districts. I wouldn't want separate D1 and D2 polls at any time. They're all 6A teams and if you did that, you'd then wonder, "hmm, I wonder which D2 top 10 teams are better than D1 top 10 teams." and vice versa. Oh wait- we already have full 6A polls.
                                            I hear ya.

Comment

• Super B
                                              All District
                                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle82
                                              I'll probably get some grief for this but heck, if you're going to have D1 and DII, why not have separate polls for each? I understand that many teams aren't designated for a division until playoffs arrive but...
                                              That's probably what it should be, but it's just overkill to have so many polls.

I supposed it's a pipe dream to think one day they'll add two more classifications and go back to a single Division per Class (at least in the largest classifications).
                                              Super B

Comment

• ktCarl
                                                Special Teams
                                                • Apr 2015

I already posted my ranking (copied and pasted below) on the national board back on December 23rd. That was (obviously) four months ago and so much has changed w/ coaching and transfers. I will update my Top 25 as soon as Spring games are over. Yes, folks… Allen is going to move up (w/ the new 4* QB transfer and Tupou bros reportedly coming back), significantly. Most interested in seeing how the ET, LT, and Westlake spring games shape out, and how Hightower, Skyline, and Elsik look over the next month (those three teams have enough talent to FILL an entire elite D1 program's roster). Desoto and Cedar Hill will be young, but loaded in 2015. However, they might just be legendary in 2016! Dear, Lord!

1. Katy
                                                2. Desoto
                                                3. Euless Trinity
                                                4. Cibolo Steele
                                                5. Arlington Martin
                                                6. Manvel
                                                7. Arlington Lamar
                                                8. Spring Westfield
                                                9. Cedar Hill
                                                10. FB Hightower
                                                11. Denton Guyer
                                                12. Pearland
                                                13. Allen
                                                14. Southlake Carroll
                                                15. Dallas Skyline
                                                16. Klein Collins
                                                17. Mesquite Horn
                                                18. Converse Judson
                                                19. Lake Travis
                                                20. Austin Westlake
                                                21. Alief Elsik
                                                22. Arlington Bowie
                                                23. Langham Creek
                                                24. Rockwall
                                                25. Humble Atascocita

THE NEXT EIGHT:

26. Dickinson
                                                27. Killeen Shoemaker
                                                28. McKinney Boyd
                                                29. Mansfield
                                                30. North Shore
                                                31. Tyler Lee
                                                32. Houston Lamar
                                                33. Odessa Permian

http://forum.nationalhsfootball.com/...ic=4717&page=1
                                                Katy Numero Uno, Cedar Hill #9 and Allen #13?!?!?!?!?!!?!? Really? Will CH and Allen graduate the entire Varsity squad in a couple of weeks?

Comment

• Super B
                                                  All District
                                                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by ktCarl

Katy Numero Uno, Cedar Hill #9 and Allen #13?!?!?!?!?!!?!? Really? Will CH and Allen graduate the entire Varsity squad in a couple of weeks?
                                                  Keep in mind that was posted way back in December. A lot has changed since then and SumDude has said there would likely be changes to these rankings when he releases his fall rankings.
                                                  Super B

Comment

• SLC13
                                                    '16 6A Pick 'Em Champ & '15 6A Pick 'Em Runner-Up
                                                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B
                                                    That's probably what it should be, but it's just overkill to have so many polls. They don't mean anything anyway so one is as good as 10

I supposed it's a pipe dream to think one day they'll add two more classifications and go back to a single Division per Class (at least in the largest classifications).
                                                    Wasn't the large difference in the size of schools in the top classification the main reason given for the D1/D2 split when it was implemented back in the 90's??. The problem certainly hasn't gotten any better over time with the likes of Allen and the Plano schools.

Comment

• AllenEaglesFan
                                                      Special Teams
                                                      • May 2015

Originally posted by dada

The top two highest enrollment schools in every district is a lock. Same for the lowest enrollment schools.
                                                      Go Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• sTp
                                                        1st Team
                                                        • Apr 2015

It would be fun to do a ranking right before playoffs start, after everyone knows which division they will be in. Even more fun would be watching everyone's ranking go to poop once playoffs start. :]

Trying to rank D1 and D2 during the season would be neat no doubt, but simply a nightmare trying to keep up with which team might go in which division.

Comment

• Eagle82
                                                          All District
                                                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by sTp
                                                          It would be fun to do a ranking right before playoffs start, after everyone knows which division they will be in. Even more fun would be watching everyone's ranking go to poop once playoffs start. :]

Trying to rank D1 and D2 during the season would be neat no doubt, but simply a nightmare trying to keep up with which team might go in which division.
                                                          I agree, especially the end of season rankings. What good are they when they're a mixture of D1 and D2 teams?

Comment

Working...