Is it possible that Katy has a passing game...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cougmantx
    Practice Squad
    • Jun 2015

Is it possible that Katy has a passing game...

I'm thinking so...would be the first since 2007 IMO.
  • The King
    Practice Squad
    • Jul 2015

Yes Page two of the playbook was used tonight

Comment

• ktCarl
      Special Teams
      • Apr 2015

B-T-W, Katy's O wasn't plain vanilla tonight. I've never seen them pass this often in one game...ever. Obviously they are going to attempt to stop teams from stacking the box on them. It will be a very interesting year to watch Katy's O. On a side note; I don't think Porter is big enough to take the continual beating at RB like other Katy RB's have. He will need some RB relief.

Comment

• The King
        Practice Squad
        • Jul 2015

Looks like they have three guys who can reliably carry the rock, with that and a potential bigger use of the passing game I don't think he will be asked to try to be an Adam Taylor, Just a Kyle Porter

Comment

• Super B
          All District
          • Apr 2015

Okay, so starting QB was 10/15 184 yards, 2 TDs 1 INT. That is a lot of passes for Katy. It is a good thing to have that element, but y'all are right in that you need someone to spell Porter. Is Katy's RB depth lacking this season? Less than normal?
          Super B

Comment

• Tut
            Pick 'Em - '16 College Champ, National Runner Up, 6A Runner Up, - '15 6A Champ & College Runner Up
            • Aug 2015

Good depth at rb ...... don't know about depth on ol.
            https://my.reason2race.com/JohnTuttle/TowneLakeTri2017

katystudentsrun.org/

Comment

• Bass
              Special Teams
              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Super B
              Okay, so starting QB was 10/15 184 yards, 2 TDs 1 INT. That is a lot of passes for Katy. It is a good thing to have that element, but y'all are right in that you need someone to spell Porter. Is Katy's RB depth lacking this season? Less than normal?
              Depth at running back shouldn't be a problem, but the backups haven't had significant playing time. Kyle Porter has been on varsity since he was a sophomore in 2013. He's the starter. He backed up Rodney Anderson the last two years and he was the third back during the 2012 playoffs.

Kevon Copeland and Kadarius Page were backups in 2014. They saw most of their playing time in the playoffs. Copeland is a junior and Page is a sophomore. Neither has had much of a chance to prove they're capable of sharing the load but the years we don't have the legs at running back have been few and far between.

Hopefully these three are a 2008-type group and not a 2009/2011.

Dada can correct anything I got wrong cause I stole all of this from him to begin with.

Comment

• Farmer
                All District
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Bass

Depth at running back shouldn't be a problem, but the backups haven't had significant playing time. Kyle Porter has been on varsity since he was a sophomore in 2013. He's the starter. He backed up Rodney Anderson the last two years and he was the third back during the 2012 playoffs.

Kevon Copeland and Kadarius Page were backups in 2014. They saw most of their playing time in the playoffs. Copeland is a junior and Page is a sophomore. Neither has had much of a chance to prove they're capable of sharing the load but the years we don't have the legs at running back have been few and far between.

Hopefully these three are a 2008-type group and not a 2009/2011.

Dada can correct anything I got wrong cause I stole all of this from him to begin with.
                what is depth like at WR?

Also, Bass, I know you are as critical on your team as they come, that's a good thing IMO and the position group you have been concerned about is OL. How did the OL look to you last night?

Comment

• Tut
                  Pick 'Em - '16 College Champ, National Runner Up, 6A Runner Up, - '15 6A Champ & College Runner Up
                  • Aug 2015

Tony Mullins has been the only real (go to) guy the last couple of years.
                  Looks like the Tigers now have a deep threat in J.C. Angulo.
                  He caught two td passes which were good catches.

katystudentsrun.org/

Comment

• dada
                    2nd Team
                    • Apr 2015

WR is deep as well. I've been telling you guys about JC Santana - Angolo for the longest. You have him, Mullins, Jackman and Dom Hudson at WR. Jovanni Stewart will line up at WR as well

Comment

• cougmantx
                      Practice Squad
                      • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Farmer

what is depth like at WR?

Also, Bass, I know you are as critical on your team as they come, that's a good thing IMO and the position group you have been concerned about is OL. How did the OL look to you last night?
                      I thought the pass protection broke down several times and there were times that the O-line wasn't opening up seams for the RB's. Having said that, I think the 0-line is about where everyone from Katy expects it to be at the start of the season. I was surprised how much penetration Kingwood was getting but some of it was by design also.

Comment

• Tut
                        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by dada
                        WR is deep as well. I've been telling you guys about JC Santana - Angolo for the longest. You have him, Mullins, Jackman and Dom Hudson at WR. Jovanni Stewart will line up at WR as well

I thought he is the one you were raving about when after the first catch.
                        After the second, I was more sure.
                        Both were catches good receivers make and average ones don't.

katystudentsrun.org/

Comment

Working...