Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Farmer
    All District
    • Apr 2015

Interesting all the way around. I'm curious now if the DeSoto coaches are going to play Anderson regardless. Would seem a bit hypocritical of them to not sign off on Nelson but then turn around and play a kid who transferred in from a school where he was dismissed from the team.

Just my .02

Comment

• OakTreeOut-n-Up
      Special Teams
      • Apr 2015

Idk about praising Desoto coaching staff for standing up against athletic transfers. That's a bit of a pot/kettle situation ain't it?

Comment

• CHill
        1st Team
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns
        Kids say the darndest things on social media

Silky Smooth should be getting ready for the opening game at end of the month against Cedar Hill, instead of being concern about the 8-6A DEC meetings. He's providing some nice bulletin board material.

Comment

• Farmer
          All District
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by OakTreeOut-n-Up
          Idk about praising Desoto coaching staff for standing up against athletic transfers. That's a bit of a pot/kettle situation ain't it?

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here. How they handle Anderson is going to be the telling story of If they are truly concerned about kids moving for athletic purposes.

Comment

• Farmer
            All District
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by CHill

Silky Smooth should be getting ready for the opening game at end of the month against Cedar Hill, instead of being concern about the 8-6A DEC meetings. He's providing some nice bulletin board material.

I'm not sure if I would quantify that as bulletin board material. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out that a lot of these moves aren't for the culinary arts programs offered at some of these schools

Comment

• Eagle82
              All District
              • Apr 2015

Wouldn't he have started at Desoto this season?

I don't know much about the situation but looking in from the outside my take is the Desoto coaches are ticked off that the guy left and have lobbied the DEC to deny his transfer.

Why would the kid leave such a good program for DV? No offense against DV but really?

Comment

• svhorns
                All State
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle82
                Wouldn't he have started at Desoto this season?

I don't know much about the situation but looking in from the outside my take is the Desoto coaches are ticked off that the guy left and have lobbied the DEC to deny his transfer.

Why would the kid leave such a good program for DV? No offense against DV but really?
                He was going to be the backup QB at Desoto. Desoto's current QB is committed to Ohio St. and a senior. Ranked very highly by several recruiting sites and The Players Lounge as well.

Comment

• chhspantherfan
                  Special Teams
                  • Apr 2015

I feel sorry for a legit D1 talent who happens to be the same position/age/location as Tristan Wallace. I know, I know, life ain't fair, but that's an awful hand to be dealt if moving elsewhere isn't an option and football is your life's passion. It's easy to say that life ain't fair and talk about how things were in the good old days, and I get the merit of that argument 100%, but I know it would be such a titanic bummer if that were your son. Seeing it go completely unenforced elsewhere would increase the bitterness 1000 times over.

But he would be eligible for baseball

Comment

• chhspantherfan
                    Special Teams
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer

I'm not sure if I would quantify that as bulletin board material. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out that a lot of these moves aren't for the culinary arts programs offered at some of these schools
                    You are the Yogi Berra of the interwebz

Comment

• CHill
                      1st Team
                      • Apr 2015

Oh, it well and silky smooth will find out all about it on the 29th. No culinary arts programs here, just PAPF's fill our correctly and approved by the DEC. I'm happy that all the TRANSFERS (TWO) paperwork was done correctly and approve.

Comment

• Farmer
                        All District
                        • Apr 2015

Oh, it well and silky smooth will find out all about it on the 29th. No culinary arts programs here, just PAPF's fill our correctly and approved by the DEC. I'm happy that all the TRANSFERS (TWO) paperwork was done correctly and approve.

if that qualifies as "bulletin board" material then I have to question the motivation of those using that.

As for the PAPfs, as you saw today with Desoto that's is strictly up to the coaches to determine and when it's left in their hands then they typically just sign off on it. If you believe otherwise I have a snow ski lodge on Miami Beach to sell you

Comment

• Horsefly
                          Practice Squad
                          • Aug 2015

if that qualifies as "bulletin board" material then I have to question the motivation of those using that.

As for the PAPfs, as you saw today with Desoto that's is strictly up to the coaches to determine and when it's left in their hands then they typically just sign off on it. If you believe otherwise I have a snow ski lodge on Miami Beach to sell you
                          The silky smooth kid sent the tweet to Corbett smith at the dallas morning news for one and he also claimed that he knows personally that the cedar hill transfers were for athletic purposes. to make the claims he did in questioning cedar hills integrity then send the tweet to a reporter I could see ruffling feathers especially if there was some bad blood already brewing between the two teams.

Comment

• Farmer
                            All District
                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Horsefly

The silky smooth kid sent the tweet to Corbett smith at the dallas morning news for one and he also claimed that he knows personally that the cedar hill transfers were for athletic purposes. to make the claims he did in questioning cedar hills integrity then send the tweet to a reporter I could see ruffling feathers especially if there was some bad blood already brewing between the two teams.

if you view that as "questioning" cedar hills integrity then maybe you know something the rest of us don't or the same thing as Silky. Kids these days talk and talk often to one another. The level of transfer Cedar Hill has received over the off-season doesn't just happen at any program.

If calling a spade a spade is now viewed as "bulletin board" material then we have a very unmotivated society these days.

Comment

• FEARTHEFALL
                              Practice Squad
                              • Jul 2015

Jaylin Nelson just needs to go to a private school like Prestonwood or ESD for a year then transfer to Allen. May be in his parents best interest to contact Kevin Murray.

Comment

• nerak
                                Practice Squad
                                • Aug 2015

I feel sorry for a legit D1 talent who happens to be the same position/age/location as Tristan Wallace. I know, I know, life ain't fair, but that's an awful hand to be dealt if moving elsewhere isn't an option and football is your life's passion. It's easy to say that life ain't fair and talk about how things were in the good old days, and I get the merit of that argument 100%, but I know it would be such a titanic bummer if that were your son. Seeing it go completely unenforced elsewhere would increase the bitterness 1000 times over.
                                My son waited his time out at DeSoto. He only played one year on varsity, even though he had talent to play more. He stayed!

Comment

• Eagle82
                                  All District
                                  • Apr 2015

Well it does sound like the kid is moving around just to get playing time. Bad example and I commend the Desoto coaches for putting a stop to it.

Comment

• svhorns
                                    All State
                                    • Apr 2015

Well it does sound like the kid is moving around just to get playing time. Bad example and I commend the Desoto coaches for putting a stop to it.

I think the correct decision was made here. It's going to be interesting to see the decision made on Dee Anderson.

Comment

• SLC13
                                      '16 6A Pick 'Em Champ & '15 6A Pick 'Em Runner-Up
                                      • Apr 2015

We don't know everything that was said, but this one sounds more like the Desoto coaches getting their noses out of joint because the kid first tried to go around them. rather than any principled stand. So before we send too many kudo's to Desoto and the 8-6A DEC, remember that this is the same Desoto that in 2013 accepted a D1 transfer from Lancaster after 8 games and had the kid on their PO roster that same season. All blessed by the 8-6A DEC.

Count me in the group that needs to see MANY more examples of transfers being rejected by this whole district before I'm tossing any kudo's their way.

Comment

• Farmer
                                        All District
                                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by SLC13

We don't know everything that was said, but this one sounds more like the Desoto coaches getting their noses out of joint because the kid first tried to go around them. rather than any principled stand. So before we send too many kudo's to Desoto and the 8-6A DEC, remember that this is the same Desoto that in 2013 accepted a D1 transfer from Lancaster after 8 games and had the kid on their PO roster that same season. All blessed by the 8-6A DEC.

Count me in the group that needs to see MANY more examples of transfers being rejected by this whole district before I'm tossing any kudo's their way.
                                        that's a good point in regards to the Lancaster kid. Good example.

Comment

• CHill
                                          1st Team
                                          • Apr 2015

Get the facts straight 13, the kid move after the regular season (10) across I-35 for economical reasons. Of course Lancaster didn't make the POs that year, so the timing was just right. Don't jump on high horse of the 8-6A DEC, PAPF was sign off in good faith by the Lancaster coach, so it would not matter who the DEC was, he would have been approved.

My problem with the whole thing, why would a HC coach add a player to the team after two PO games? I think that's a slap in the face to players that have been competing for playing time and have done everything (spring-summer) that has been ask of them. MOP

Comment

• dada
                                            2nd Team
                                            • Apr 2015

read somewhere(can't remember where) that the irony is, Nelson is STILL eligible at Desoto....any truth to that? What if he went back?

Comment

• CHill
                                              1st Team
                                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by dada
                                              read somewhere(can't remember where) that the irony is, Nelson is STILL eligible at Desoto....any truth to that? What if he went back?

That's what Matt Stepp has said on his tweeter, supposedly some UIL rule. One would have to wonder after the coaches dis spell what the parents of the player testify at the DEC meeting if that would even be a possibility.

Matt Stepp@Matt_Stepp817 Aug 3
                                              Weirdest part about the Jaylin Nelson ruling...is if I am reading my UIL rules right...he's still eligible at DeSoto..irony there.
                                              Last edited by CHill; 08-05-2015, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• dada
                                                2nd Team
                                                • Apr 2015

That's what Matt Stepp has said on his tweeter, supposedly some UIL rule. One would have to wonder after the coaches dis spell what the parents of the player testify at the DEC meeting if that would even be a possibility.

Matt Stepp@Matt_Stepp817 Aug 3
                                                Weirdest part about the Jaylin Nelson ruling...is if I am reading my UIL rules right...he's still eligible at DeSoto..irony there.
                                                That's where I saw it...thanks!...Would love to see him go back to DeSoto only to see the DEC/UIL reaction.

Comment

• CHill
                                                  1st Team
                                                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by dada
                                                  That's where I saw it...thanks!...Would love to see him go back to DeSoto only to see the DEC/UIL reaction.

From my understanding, there wouldn't even be a ruling.

Comment

• SLC13
                                                    '16 6A Pick 'Em Champ & '15 6A Pick 'Em Runner-Up
                                                    • Apr 2015

Get the facts straight 13, the kid move after the regular season (10) across I-35 for economical reasons. Of course Lancaster didn't make the POs that year, so the timing was just right. Don't jump on high horse of the 8-6A DEC, PAPF was sign off in good faith by the Lancaster coach, so it would not matter who the DEC was, he would have been approved.

My problem with the whole thing, why would a HC coach add a player to the team after two PO games? I think that's a slap in the face to players that have been competing for playing time and have done everything (spring-summer) that has been ask of them. MOP
                                                    I thought I remembered that he started the process before the end of the season, but whatever. The real issue is that a player plays a whole season for one team and then wants to join another team for the PO's. Do you really believe that the UIL transfer policy should allow this to happen?? The precedent set by something like this could create chaos come PO time if others started doing it. The TX HS PO's are one thing that the UIL has done a pretty good job with. Allowing a widespread movement of players on the eve of the PO's would make the TX system a joke and would be suicide to the long term existence of the UIL.

I disagree with you about the DEC statement as well. They are supposed to the first line of UIL scrutiny and to stop the questionable transferring of kids. You say any DEC would have approved this because the paperwork was filled out correctly, but I think the 8-6A DEC is the only one around that would allow it. They sure weren't very skeptical of the "economic reasons" that so conveniently occurred just as Lancaster missed the PO's. This looks too much like a kid wanting showcase his skills in the PO's after his team missed out. Just about everyone on both boards (you and I included) have questioned the motives of the Minnesota kid transferring to Allen. The Lancaster kid's move smelled 1000 times worse, yet the DEC let it go.

I do agree completely with your last statement. I too feel for the kids that potentially get displaced by in season transfers and wonder about the HC that would accept them..
                                                    Last edited by SLC13; 08-05-2015, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• Eagle2
                                                      All District
                                                      • Apr 2015

Jaylin Nelson's appeal will be heard in Austin tomorrow.

source:
                                                      Matt Stepp
                                                      Senior Analyst
                                                      mrstepp817@yahoo.com
                                                      @Matt_Stepp817

Comment

• svhorns
                                                        All State
                                                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle2
                                                        Jaylin Nelson's appeal will be heard in Austin tomorrow.

source:
                                                        Matt Stepp
                                                        Senior Analyst
                                                        mrstepp817@yahoo.com
                                                        @Matt_Stepp817

Comment

• sTp
                                                          1st Team
                                                          • Apr 2015

Must sit out, or can only play JV?

Comment

• CHill
                                                            1st Team
                                                            • Apr 2015

He was one of the players that their parents had a problem with the promotion of the HC and voice their opinions about leaving the program if approve by the board. Now they are paying because their PAPFs where not sign off on. Hats off to the DeSoto's coaching staff!

Comment

• CHill
                                                              1st Team
                                                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by sTp
                                                              Must sit out, or can only play JV?

He can play JV or transfer to a private school. Think Bishop Dunn for this upcoming season!

Comment

Working...