X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eagle82
    All District
    • Apr 2015

2016 Allen QB Predictions

Allen, coming off it's third consecutive state championship was finding itself in a pickle after the 2014 season as their three year superstar was moving on to richer grounds. Who will be QB1 for next season, was the question even before halftime of the 2014 state championship game. Upon leaving Jerry World, fans were content in knowing that it may well be a three and done adventure for their beloved Eagles.

Have no fear, Mr. G is coming to town, the headlines read shortly thereafter. Big deal, people thought, who the heck is Mr. G and why should we care? It turns out nobody cares about Mr. G, but Mr. G has a son who's a 4-Star QB who has committed to play for Oregon. Turns out Mr. G accepted a job, wait for it.., in Allen, Texas! Of all the places in the whole wide world, who woulda thunk Allen, TX?

Naturally when daddy changes jobs, mommy and the kiddo's move along to their new home, right? Well, not always. Many family's move for employment or other reasons and sometimes if that family has a child who is or will be a senior in high school, that child will sometimes stay behind to finish school where he/she had been attending. I know when my family moved from Abilene in the very early 70's, my oldest sister, a Sr. at AH stayed behind, living with my grandparents so she could finish out the year. The remaining five kids, one being a Jr. made the move. Regardless, the city of Allen was glowing once again knowing that their QB1 dilemma had been resolved when word got around the boy would be moving to Allen. Allen would welcome the family with open arms Texas style and their belief of a four peat was coming to fruition, mind you the key word here being family.

At this point it would be nice to write a nice Hollywood riding off into the sunset ending but that ain't going to happen. Why not you ask? It was later determined that the entire family would not be moving to Allen, just the boy and his dad. Mommy and the sibling(s) would stay behind in the freezing tundra of Minnesota rather than enjoy the comforts of an occasional mild chill experienced in this part of the world. Why wouldn't mommy and the rest of the kids move, why split up the family? Daddy just got a brand new job, a job so good, relocation several states away was necessary. To move that far away from what one knows, it would have to be a career changing move, right? Apparently not. One would think if the job was so unique and career oriented, mommy and the rest of the kiddo's would have moved along as well, excited to make Allen their new home. Nah, that didn't happen. So, the million dollar question on minds is this, what on earth could be more important than keeping a family together?

Oh that answer is simple, Football, Texas style, Allen Texas style!

Okay, so moving along, the kid plays, Allen doesn't win their four peat and less than a year later the kid leaves the school mid-term to begin his quest of duck hood. What happens to daddy? It's not important at this point and nobody really cares.

Fast forward to November 2015, season has ended and once again the question tossed around is the same as the season before, who will be QB1 for next season?

Or, should the actual question be where will the QB1 for next season move in from?

What say you?

Note to Allen fans. We love you all so please do not take this personally.
    Last edited by Eagle82; 07-30-2015, 01:37 PM.
  • FEARTHEFALL
    Practice Squad
    • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Eagle82
    Allen, coming off it's third consecutive state championship was finding itself in a pickle after the 2014 season as their three year superstar was moving on to richer grounds. Who will be QB1 for next season, was the question even before halftime of the 2014 state championship game. Upon leaving Jerry World, fans were content in knowing that it may well be a three and done adventure for their beloved Eagles.

Have no fear, Mr. G is coming to town, the headlines read shortly thereafter. Big deal, people thought, who the heck is Mr. G and why should we care? It turns out nobody cares about Mr. G, but Mr. G has a son who's a 4-Star QB who has committed to play for Oregon. Turns out Mr. G accepted a job, wait for it.., in Allen, Texas! Of all the places in the whole wide world, who woulda thunk Allen, TX?

Naturally when daddy changes jobs, mommy and the kiddo's move along to their new home, right? Well, not always. Many family's move for employment or other reasons and sometimes if that family has a child who is or will be a senior in high school, that child will sometimes stay behind to finish school where he/she had been attending. I know when my family moved from Abilene in the very early 70's, my oldest sister, a Sr. at AH stayed behind, living with my grandparents so she could finish out the year. The remaining five kids, one being a Jr. made the move. Regardless, the city of Allen was glowing once again knowing that their QB1 dilemma had been resolved when word got around the boy would be moving to Allen. Allen would welcome the family with open arms Texas style and their belief of a four peat was coming to fruition, mind you the key word here being family.

At this point it would be nice to write a nice Hollywood riding off into the sunset ending but that ain't going to happen. Why not you ask? It was later determined that the entire family would not be moving to Allen, just the boy and his dad. Mommy and the sibling(s) would stay behind in the freezing tundra of Minnesota rather than enjoy the comforts of an occasional mild chill experienced in this part of the world. Why wouldn't mommy and the rest of the kids move, why split up the family? Daddy just got a brand new job, a job so good, relocation several states away was necessary. To move that far away from what one knows, it would have to be a career changing move, right? Apparently not. One would think if the job was so unique and career oriented, mommy and the rest of the kiddo's would have moved along as well, excited to make Allen their new home. Nah, that didn't happen. So, the million dollar question on minds is this, what on earth could be more important that keeping a family together?

Oh that answer is simple, Football, Texas style, Allen Texas style!

Okay, so moving along, the kid plays, Allen doesn't win their four peat and less than a year later the kid leaves the school mid-term to begin his quest of duck hood. What happens to daddy? It's not important at this point and nobody really cares.

Fast forward to November 2015, season has ended and once again the question tossed around is the same as the season before, who will be QB1 for next season?

Or, should the actual question be this, where will the QB1 for next season move in from?

What say you?

Note to Allen fans. We love you all so please do not take this personally.

A parent's job is to provide the best opportunities for their children. Thus, this is a transfer for job related purposes.

Comment

• Eagle82
      All District
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by FEARTHEFALL

A parent's job is to provide the best opportunities for their children. Thus, this is a transfer for job related purposes.
      Yes, one must admire a parent who would take on a new job hundreds upon hundreds of miles away all while leaving mommy and the kids behind but unselfishly taking the oldest away from a football program he knows and grew up in just so he could learn a brand new system and play with kiddo strangers only to move away less than a year later and probably never ever see them again.

I dunno, as a parent stability has always been an important factor while raising my son.

Comment

• FEARTHEFALL
        Practice Squad
        • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Eagle82

Yes, one must admire a parent who would take on a new job hundreds upon hundreds of miles away all while leaving mommy and the kids behind but unselfishly taking the oldest away from a football program he knows and grew up in just so he could learn a brand new system and play with kiddo strangers only to move away less than a year later and probably never ever see them again.

I dunno, as a parent stability has always been an important factor while raising my son.
        Plus, SG father's employment provided an ultimatum for Dad to move to keep his job. It's definitely in the best interest of the children to maintain gainful employment.

Comment

• Eagle82
          All District
          • Apr 2015

Plus, SG father's employment provided an ultimatum for Dad to move to keep his job. It's definitely in the best interest of the children to maintain gainful employment.
          Yes, that takes priority over keeping the family under one roof!

Gotcha!

Comment

• CHill
            1st Team
            • Apr 2015

How would you know this, source?

Comment

• dada
              2nd Team
              • Apr 2015

Kinda weird when a player tweets he spent time in Minnestoa with his Mom and brothers. Does the Job move dad back once the season is over?

Comment

• Farmer
                All District
                • Apr 2015

fear,

you are absolutely correct. Go eagles 4 peat here they come

Comment

• Farmer
                  All District
                  • Apr 2015

I hear ya! It's just an added bonus that his son is a football player.

Comment

• Farmer
                    All District
                    • Apr 2015

So who is going to start now at Allen?

Was Coach Westeberg blowing smoke up everybody's butt when he made his post spring ball comments or is this Jonkes job to lose?

Is Seth Green still in Minnesota or has he returned to Allen to prepare for the start of fall camp?

Comment

• FEARTHEFALL
                      Practice Squad
                      • Jul 2015

Green will start. Personally, I can't wait to see who transfers in to fill Feliciano's position.

Comment

• CHill
                        1st Team
                        • Apr 2015

Green will start. Personally, I can't wait to see who transfers in to fill Feliciano's position.
                        Where did the former China Springs player go too?

Comment

• FEARTHEFALL
                          Practice Squad
                          • Jul 2015

Originally posted by CHill

Where did the former China Springs player go too?

He retired.

Comment

• CCCSportsFan
                            Practice Squad
                            • Jul 2015

I've had that ultimatum twice in my career.. Both times I was on a plane early Monday morning to the required city and on another plane late Friday afternoon back to Texas.. It really sucked, but kept my kids life stable. Don't know his exact scenario or the level of position he plays to know if the commute option was given to him.

Comment

Working...