X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eagle2
    All District
    • Apr 2015

8-6A Way Too Early Pre-District Favorites

I know its early and with all the movement(transfers) and spring training approaching list early spring favorites:

1.Duncanville
    2.Cedar Hill
    3.DeSoto
    4.Mansfield
    5.South Grand Prairie
  • Dyno
    Practice Squad
    • Apr 2015

I second that.

Comment

• Eagle2
      All District
      • Apr 2015

From Texas 6A Sports: Projected 8-6A Standings

Comment

• svhorns
        All State
        • Apr 2015

I think Ducanville will sneak into the 4th spot.

Comment

• Eagle2
          All District
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns
          I think Ducanville will sneak into the 4th spot.
          My thoughts also. Mansfield, SGP, and Duncanville battling for position. If SGP & Duncanville do make it, DeSoto goes D2.

Comment

• CHill
            1st Team
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle2

Looks about right for pre-district projections.

Comment

• Super B
              All District
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle2

I concur.
              Super B

Comment

• SLCbacker
                Special Teams
                • Apr 2015

Lots of speculation about Desoto going D2, but I do not see Mansfield missing the POs. If Samples was a magic man, he would have done better with a few of those talented Skyline teams. I do expect for Duncanville to improve, but more at the expense of SGP.

Comment

• Eagle2
                  All District
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by SLCbacker
                  Lots of speculation about Desoto going D2, but I do not see Mansfield missing the POs. If Samples was a magic man, he would have done better with a few of those talented Skyline teams. I do expect for Duncanville to improve, but more at the expense of SGP.
                  Seems to be the consensus. This is going to be fun watching & following this season. All eyes on 8-6A.

Comment

• Grainraiser
                    Practice Squad
                    • Apr 2015

We have played Duncanville for the last 3 years and I have never worried about losing to them. This year the vibe is totally different. I can see them giving us or first lost of the season.

Reggie

Comment

• Eagle2
                      All District
                      • Apr 2015

District 8-6A
                      Last year’s playoff qualifiers: DI – W: DeSoto, R: South Grand Prairie; DII – W: Cedar Hill, R: Mansfield

Cedar Hill quarterback Avery Davis, at Texas 7-on-7 state football tournament. (Michael Reaves/The Dallas Morning News)

So many storylines here. In the current split-division playoff structure, two teams from the same district have both won state titles in the same year (i.e. 1995, when Converse Judson won 5A Division I and San Antonio Roosevelt won 5A DII). It’s possible 8-6A could pull off that feat again. Two-time defending Division II champs Cedar Hill will be trying to prove that the depth of the Longhorns’ program can overcome a tremendous loss of talent; DaMarkus Lodge, Aca’cedric Ware, Denvre Daniels, Justin McMillan, Richard Moore, Trevis Gipson, Darrell Miller, etc. are all gone – 18 players signed with college programs. QB Avery Davis will have to be as good as advertised, and getting transfers Kaegun Williams (Stephenville) and Charleston Rambo (Woodrow Wilson) on the field won’t hurt. With a wealth of talent throughout the program, including Ohio State pledge QB Tristen Wallace, DeSoto is the odds-on favorite in 6A Division I. But can it get past a likely second-round meeting with Allen? With some terrific talent back, how good can South Grand Prairie and Mansfield be? With former Skyline coach Reginald Samples now on the sidelines, can Duncanville be relevant again? Remember, if SGP and Duncanville make the playoffs, it will push DeSoto out of Division I. The fate of many of these programs will depend on a pending district executive committee meeting, approving or denying a glut of talented transfers – including quarterback Jaylin Nelson (going from DeSoto to Duncanville).
                      source: Corbett Smith DMN

Comment

• Hollywood
                        Special Teams
                        • Aug 2015

Duncanville is the real wildcard. They get SGP at Home but Mansfield away. After the two Titans, CHill and DeSoto, Manfield Duncaville and SGP will battle for the remaining two PO spots.

SGP gets Mansfield at Home this year and I believe this will be THE battle. I expect the SGP / Duncanville game to be a war at least early but my thought is that SGP comes out on top.

I am waiting to see how well SGP can hang with Skyline, @SOC and Martin to even get a feel for how the team stacks up.

Comment

• Eagle2
                          All District
                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Hollywood
                          Duncanville is the real wildcard. They get SGP at Home but Mansfield away. After the two Titans, CHill and DeSoto, Manfield Duncaville and SGP will battle for the remaining two PO spots.

SGP gets Mansfield at Home this year and I believe this will be THE battle. I expect the SGP / Duncanville game to be a war at least early but my thought is that SGP comes out on top.

I am waiting to see how well SGP can hang with Skyline, @SOC and Martin to even get a feel for how the team stacks up.
                          Yes their preseason schedule will show & tell a lot if they are a contender or pretender and a serious threat to be reckon with to the others.

Comment

Working...