X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dada
    2nd Team
    • Apr 2015

Katy Defense

Saw the Vype Interview with Coach Joseph yesterday. If you know him, it's rare for him to come out and say something good about the team lol. I remember Katy beat North Shore 44-6 and Donovonn Young asked Coach Joseph to rate him on a scale of 1-10...with a straight face, Coach looked at him and said "2". Donovonn said that's when he knew what his expectations were. Well, during the interview he made the comment that this may be the best defense he's had, they are very solid and he'd be very disappointed if they weren't. The tigers allowed 30 points in district play and had 5 shutouts. Mayde Creek(6) Taylor(7) Strake(7) and Westside(7) all scored late TD's once the starters were pulled or that could have easily been 9 shutouts. Lots of experience from a team that prides themselves on defense. With all the names, one may be under the radar........can't call him Rodney's little brother anymore.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
  • The Players Lounge
    TPL Moderator
    • Jun 2015

Ryder Anderson has a great frame for the DE position. He's in the 6'5 range about 215 with the ability to put on at least another 30 to 40 lbs in college. Unfortunately it's hard finding film for him but size wise he fits the part. JoVanni Stewart is a player who's offers don't match his ability, he's also flying under the radar. I recently saw a picture of JoVanni and the kid is solid muscle. He lacks size height wise but would be a perfect fit at the nickle DB position.

@TXPlayersLounge

Comment

• dada
      2nd Team
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by The Players Lounge
      Ryder Anderson has a great frame for the DE position. He's in the 6'5 range about 215 with the ability to put on at least another 30 to 40 lbs in college. Unfortunately it's hard finding film for him but size wise he fits the part. JoVanni Stewart is a player who's offers don't match his ability, he's also flying under the radar. I recently saw a picture of JoVanni and the kid is solid muscle. He lacks size height wise but would be a perfect fit at the nickle DB position.
      You wont find much film on him because up until week 5, he was the JV QB....literally grew out of the position mid season and was moved to DE and moved up to Varsity around week 10.
      JoVanni was a sleeper, he's now getting the attention he deserves. He's playing out of position right now I think that's why he was under the radar.....he's a db playing OLB, which works for Katy's defense.

Comment

• Kat-na-hat
        Practice Squad
        • Jul 2015

Big Statement "Well, during the interview he made the comment that this may be the best defense he's had, they are very solid and he'd be very disappointed if they weren't" Regular season aside, Playoffs is where this statement would need to apply.

Comment

Working...