X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Super B
    All District
    • Apr 2015

Super B's 2015 TexasFBT 6A Composite Pre-Season Rankings

I came up with a formula to determine this composite ranking. I want this to be credited to Texas High School Football Talk. Let's just say I did this on behalf of TexasFBT.

LSG=Lone Star Gridiron
    TOC=The Old Coach
    THSF=Texas HS Football
    DCTF=Dave Campbell's Texas Football
    CR=Composite Rank

If you want to share this on a different forum, please provide a link to this thread, and give acknowledgement to Super B and Texas High School Football Talk or TexasFBT.com Thx.

Obviously, sharing on Facebook or Twitter is no problem.

Last edited by Super B; 07-17-2015, 02:58 AM.
    Super B
  • Super B
    All District
    • Apr 2015

2015 6A Composite Poll
    Team LSG TOC THSF DCTF CR
    Allen 1 1 2 3 1
    Katy 1 6 1 2 2
    DeSoto 3 2 10 1 3
    Cedar Hill 5 4 3 4 4
    Manvel 3 9 6 5 5
    Cibolo Steele 9 3 7 7 6
    Euless Trinity 8 7 NR 9 7
    Southlake Carroll 6 10 5 13 8
    Spring Westfield 11 11 11 12 9
    Denton Guyer 10 13 15 8 10
    Dallas Skyline 7 19 NR 6 11
    Converse Judson 13 18 4 10 12
    Lake Travis 12 15 13 14 13
    Dickinson 18 5 NR 15 14
    Arlington Martin 14 21 12 16 15
    Hewitt Midway 15 16 17 18 16
    Klein 16 12 NR 21 17
    Pearland 17 25 20 11 18
    SA Brennan 19 20 NR 17 19
    San Angelo Central 25 23 9 NR 20
    GP North Shore 30 18 8 22 21
    SA Brandeis 22 27 16 19 22
    SA Reagan 29 17 NR 23 23
    Odessa Permian 20 30 19 33 24
    Mesquite Horn 24 35 18 NR 25
    Super B

Comment

• austin109
      Practice Squad
      • Apr 2015

Love it! Thank you SuperB. Its hard to find an unbiased ranking and I think a composite score, much like 247, is the best way to go about it. Thank you.

Comment

• Super B
        All District
        • Apr 2015

Yeah. All polls have flaws. When you see them all side by side and compare, that is ideal.
        Super B

Comment

• Firefox
          Special Teams
          • Apr 2015

Good job!

Comment

• Shady12
            2nd Team
            • Apr 2015

Nice Job. Maybe some other abbreviation for Central because it looks like it's bundled in with all the San Antonio schools around it. If San Angelo Central doesn't fit maybe San Ang. Central

Comment

• svhorns
              All State
              • Apr 2015

Cibolo.

Comment

• svhorns
                All State
                • Apr 2015

It would be great if you could do the smaller classifications as well.

Comment

• BevoBo
                  Special Teams
                  • Apr 2015

Nice job SuperB!

What I find interesting is the range of Katy(1-6) or Desoto(1-10) in the top 10. Southlake is 5-13, but I think they might be more unknown this year, but Katy and Desoto??? GPNS is 8-30, that's a varied range. The season will take care of all this soon.

I know what the acronyms CR and DCTF are, but can anyone help me with the rest, LSG, TOC & THSF?

Comment

• sTp
                    1st Team
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by BevoBo
                    Nice job SuperB!

What I find interesting is the range of Katy(1-6) or Desoto(1-10) in the top 10. Southlake is 5-13, but I think they might be more unknown this year, but Katy and Desoto??? GPNS is 8-30, that's a varied range. The season will take care of all this soon.

I know what the acronyms CR and DCTF are, but can anyone help me with the rest, LSG, TOC & THSF?
                    I think LSG is Lone Star Gridiron, TOC the Old Coach (Rivals?), and THSF Texas High School Football (MaxPreps?).

And good job SuperB.. Gives us something to talk about for a bit til football gets here.. not too long now..

Comment

• Super B
                      All District
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns
                      It would be great if you could do the smaller classifications as well.
                      Yeah. Lot of work. I might need some help. The weekend is coming up, so I'll have a little more time.
                      Super B

Comment

• Super B
                        All District
                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by sTp

I think LSG is Lone Star Gridiron, TOC the Old Coach (Rivals?), and THSF Texas High School Football (MaxPreps?).

And good job SuperB.. Gives us something to talk about for a bit til football gets here.. not too long now..
                        Mostly correct and thx.
                        Super B

Comment

• Super B
                          All District
                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by BevoBo
                          Nice job SuperB!

Yeah I thought about that after I went to bed last night. I'll add that note now.
                          Super B

Comment

• mojotrain
                            2nd Team
                            • Jun 2015

Good job. How are NR's factored it?

Comment

• Super B
                              All District
                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by mojotrain
                              Good job. How are NR's factored it?
                              Mostly not. The poll with the most NR in this top 25 was THSF, which ridiculously left out teams that were ranked pretty high in the other polls. For those, like Skyline and Trinity, I just divided by three.

When I was averaging ranks getting towards the bottom, there were a few teams that were close, like average ranks of 16.33 and 16.5. Even though the 16.33 had the higher rank average, it was NR in one poll whereas the 16.5 was ranked in all four polls. On those I went ahead and elevated the 16.5 above the 16.33 with one NR, but only because it was so close.
                              Super B

Comment

• AllenEaglesFan
                                Special Teams
                                • May 2015

Great work and looks good to me.
                                Go Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Eagle2
                                  All District
                                  • Apr 2015

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Great job Super B. Keep up the good work.
                                  FWIW: DFW 9 GHA 7 San Antonio 5 Austin/Central Tx 2 West Tx 2

Wear The Brand!!!!!!!!

Comment

• SLC13
                                    '16 6A Pick 'Em Champ & '15 6A Pick 'Em Runner-Up
                                    • Apr 2015

Good work Super B!! I'm not much of a fan of preseason polls but this approach seems to remove as much bias as possible.

Comment

• OakTreeOut-n-Up
                                      Special Teams
                                      • Apr 2015

THSF really seems to be the one that doesn't fit with the others.

Comment

• sTp
                                        1st Team
                                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B

Mostly not. The poll with the most NR in this top 25 was THSF, which ridiculously left out teams that were ranked pretty high in the other polls. For those, like Skyline and Trinity, I just divided by three.

When I was averaging ranks getting towards the bottom, there were a few teams that were close, like average ranks of 16.33 and 16.5. Even though the 16.33 had the higher rank average, it was NR in one poll whereas the 16.5 was ranked in all four polls. On those I went ahead and elevated the 16.5 above the 16.33 with one NR, but only because it was so close.
                                        Just a thought, but I'd be curious to see how it would all come out if you dropped everyone's lowest rank, or non-rank (NR), that way no one gets an advantage. Yeah, it removes some of the "data", but we might get a more factual opinion : /

Comment

• Comanche
                                          Practice Squad
                                          • Apr 2015

Good stuff!

Comment

• Super B
                                            All District
                                            • Apr 2015

If you want to share this on a different forum, please provide a link to this thread, and give acknowledgement to Super B and Texas High School Football Talk or TexasFBT.com Thx.

Obviously, sharing on Facebook or Twitter is no problem.

I made this pretty clear right? Aside from the fact that it's common knowledge that forum etiquette dictates any information pulled from elsewhere should be linked back so the OP gets credit.

A poster named Equinox posted my composite rankings on 6ATF and did not provide a link back to this thread. Did not credit me.

Did he think I wouldn't find out? Did he think he'd get away with it?

Last edited by Super B; 07-21-2015, 05:17 PM.
                                            Super B

Comment

• Admin
                                              TX HS Football Talk
                                              • Mar 2015

I made this pretty clear right? Aside from the fact that it's common knowledge that forum etiquette dictates any information pulled from elsewhere should be linked back so the OP gets credit.

A poster named Equinox posted my composite rankings on 6ATF and LIED about where he found it and did not provide a link back to this thread. Did not credit me.

Equinox is nothing but a troublemaker. His hatred for Abilene and their former coach is obsessive. He even uses a picture of the coach on his profile. He contributes nothing positive to any site, only stirring up trouble. He was reported several times at another board and has always been given a pass.

Shortly after this board came online, the member name badhabit was created. The very first post by that member name was an attempt to talk trash about Abilene's former head coach. PM's to the member name asking him to not bring his hatred to this community were ignored, which later led to that member name being banned.

I can say with confidence that badhabit was created by a Mod from another board. That mod even admitted it to another user, whom I know personally and trust. That mod has figured out who I am which doesn't bother me a bit. In fact, he's more than welcome to come here and participate as he adds value, at least while he's behaving.

So, who is equinox?
                                              Could it be the same person who came here using the name badhabit?
                                              This person thinks so.

Kids will be kids.

Update:
                                              just confirmed.
                                              badhabit = a mod from another board. no hard feelings!

equinox = an Abilene fan who is ticked off at the former coach because he was told not to record booster club meetings and post the coaches comments word for word on social media.
                                              He drives an equinox.
                                              He's a huge UT fan.
                                              He's posts under shaggybevo using the equinox name.
                                              Shame shame shame, that's all I can say.

Comment

• Eagle2
                                                All District
                                                • Apr 2015

A poster named Equinox posted my composite rankings on 6ATF and LIED about where he found it and did not provide a link back to this thread. Did not credit me.

Yea saw that also SB and said the same to myself, what a low down shame (not exactly the words I said) but you get my point. Great catch. Is there not any proper courtesy or etiquitte any more? Especially when its properly disclosed.

Comment

• Super B
                                                  All District
                                                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle2

Yea saw that also SB and said the same to myself, what a low down shame (not exactly the words I said) but you get my point. Great catch. Is there not any proper courtesy or etiquitte any more? Especially when its properly disclosed.
                                                  Yep.

Thx to Firefox for pointing it out to me.

I have been hoping someone would start a dedicated thread about these Composite Rankings, including a link back and the proper name od the rankings. I bet a lot of people would be interested. It would have generated a lot of conversation there, but ultimately lead people here.
                                                  Super B

Comment

• svhorns
                                                    All State
                                                    • Apr 2015

LOL. This doesn't surprise me the least bit. I've seen a couple of my posts make their way into some team threads over there.

Mike03car is Equinox! Equinox is Mike03car! What people will do these days on message boards is hilarious.

Comment

• sTp
                                                      1st Team
                                                      • Apr 2015

lol.. Wow this is rich..

Comment

• chhspantherfan
                                                        Special Teams
                                                        • Apr 2015

Comment

• Eagle2
                                                          All District
                                                          • Apr 2015

THSCA Rankings:
                                                          Here at the formally announced site of the 2015 UIL state football championships in December, the preseason polls for the football season were announced at the Texas High School Coaches Association Convention.

Defending state champs Allen and Cedar Hill top the Class 6A Region I poll in what is expected to be another heavyweight showcase throughout the playoffs. In Region II, Skyline, Rockwall and Mesquite Horn are mixed among Central Texas and northern Houston powerhouses.
                                                          Allen will start the season against Denton Guyer with a 43-game winning streak after winning its third-consecutive state title. But Gatorade National Player of the Year Kyler Murray is a freshman at Texas A&M and Allen will be a defensively dominated roster to try for an unprecedented fourth-consecutive state title in the state’s largest classification. Allen is loaded with defensive end Levi Onwuzurike, linebacker brothers Misi and Sione Tupou and defensive back Jaylon Jones and Jaylen Ellis. The Tupou brothers spent the spring in California but have indicated they’ll move back to Allen where they were all-district performers last season.
                                                          Cedar Hill won the DII state title over Katy and returns quarterback Avery Davis, who sparked the offense with big plays in the state final. Running back Jaylon Jackson is out after injuring his knee but Baylor commit Kaegun Williams has transferred in and will spark another high-powered offense with FBS receivers Josh Stewart and Cameron Buckely. District 8-6A will the state’s best with DeSoto returning Ohio State commit quarterback Tristen Wallace behind a big line and another speedy defense. Mansfield defeated Cedar Hill in the regular season and it wasn’t a fluke. Junior running back Kennedy Brooks and receiver Saiid Adebo have the Tigers ranked No. 9 in the region but Duncanville and South Grand Prairie will be contenders as well. Duncanville hired Reggie Samples from powerhouse Skyline and the Panthers 3-7 record of last season could easily been flipped in the regular season. SGP has talented quarterback Greg Eisworth (Mississippi commit) with highly recruited linebacker/receiver Jeff Okudah returning after he played both ways as a sophomore.
                                                          A look at the THSCA/TheAthleticDepartment rankings:
                                                          Class 6A Region I
                                                          1. Allen
                                                          2. Cedar Hill
                                                          3. DeSoto
                                                          4. Southlake Carroll
                                                          5. Arlington Martin
                                                          6. Denton Guyer
                                                          7. Euless Trinity
                                                          8. San Angelo Central
                                                          9. Mansfield
                                                          10. McKinney Boyd
                                                          Class 6A Region II
                                                          1. Spring Westfield
                                                          2. Skyline
                                                          3. Waco Midway
                                                          4. Lake Travis
                                                          5. Klein Collins
                                                          6. Rockwall
                                                          7. Klein Oak
                                                          8. The Woodlands
                                                          9. Mesquite Horn
                                                          10. Austin Westlake

source: David McNabb VYPE

Comment

• Super B
                                                            All District
                                                            • Apr 2015

I will get to the questions. Bare (or bear?) with me.

Any questions will be answered in this thread, not on 6ATF. That's for those of you reading who have yet to register here.
                                                            Super B

Comment

Working...