X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Firefox
    Special Teams
    • Apr 2015

Surprises from week 1

I thought San Angelo Central beating Abilene like they did was a suprise.
  • Super B
    All District
    • Apr 2015

I was surprised...

Bell took Coppell to 2OT.
    Sasche vs. Byron Nelson was so close.
    Rowlett vs. Lewisville was so close.
    Super B

Comment

• Tut
      Pick 'Em - '16 College Champ, National Runner Up, 6A Runner Up, - '15 6A Champ & College Runner Up
      • Aug 2015

I suppose the biggest "upsets" to me were Judson over Lake Travis and Permian over Vandergrift.
      I was surprised at several victory margins.
      https://my.reason2race.com/JohnTuttle/TowneLakeTri2017

katystudentsrun.org/

Comment

• Shady12
        2nd Team
        • Apr 2015

Is Byron Nelson that good or did Sasche play poorly?

Comment

• Firefox
          Special Teams
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Shady12
          I am not sure what happened, I certainly didn't think Nelson had that much.

Comment

• Eagle82
            All District
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Firefox

I am not sure what happened, I certainly didn't think Nelson had that much.
            yeah that game got me too.

Comment

• Super B
              All District
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Shady12
              I have a theory on that. Rowlett and or Sasche for the last several seasons have had high powered offenses and have gone 10-0/9-1 or so, often with the only regular season loss coming against each other. They don't typically have impressive non-district scheds either. Playoffs round 1, gimme, round 2, kinda the same. Once they get out of that northeastern Dallas county/Rockwall county area is when they tend to lose in the playoffs.

Fast forward to Friday night and we wonder why those teams have never gotten the respect from polls (sports writers) even with such impressive offensive stats and records. Might it be that they play such weak competition. They are always in the Garland ISD UIL district.

Maybe they just ain't that great. Contrast that with Nelson has actually been on their way up the last few years. Lewisville I can't explain.
              Super B

Comment

• JagFan
                1st Team
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B

I have a theory on that. Rowlett and or Sasche for the last several seasons have had high powered offenses and have gone 10-0/9-1 or so, often with the only regular season loss coming against each other. They don't typically have impressive non-district scheds either. Playoffs round 1, gimme, round 2, kinda the same. Once they get out of that northeastern Dallas county/Rockwall county area is when they tend to lose in the playoffs.

Fast forward to Friday night and we wonder why those teams have never gotten the respect from polls (sports writers) even with such impressive offensive stats and records. Might it be that they play such weak competition. They are always in the Garland ISD UIL district.

Maybe they just ain't that great. Contrast that with Nelson has actually been on their way up the last few years. Lewisville I can't explain.
                Lewisville is a well coached team. Coach Miller gets everything he can out of his players. They have improved over the last 4 years and their losses have been close games. Will Lewisville win state? I don't think so but don't sleep on them or they will take advantage. I look for them to surprise a few teams this year. They are not the doormat they were 5 years ago.

Comment

• SLC13
                  '16 6A Pick 'Em Champ & '15 6A Pick 'Em Runner-Up
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B

Right with you on your theory about Sachse and Rowlett and the others in that area. Even when Rockwall went multiple rounds deep in the PO's it was primarily because of the Warren kid, not because they all of the sudden had grown a program.

Northwest ISD is growing like crazy and Byron Nelson is the school most likely to take advantage of that growth. I would not fall asleep on them this season or going forward.

Comment

• Shady12
                    2nd Team
                    • Apr 2015

Maybe Coach pride has instilled them with more pride? They look good on film.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎