X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • svhorns
    All State
    • Apr 2015

Cedar Hill Receives Another Transfer - Darrion 'Speedy' Green

Reported by EJ Holland of Horns247 who messaged back and forth with Green via Twitter. Green played at Woodrow Wilson as a sophomore and started on their varsity squad. While Green doesn't hold any scholarship offers, reasons I'll mention in a second, he has been in talks with Texas and has been invited to their elite summer camp called Under The Lights (July 18th). The 1st reason Green hasn't received any offers is because he is still young. Green will only be a junior(class of 2017) for the 2015 season. He is flying a little under the radar but has elite speed and will be one of the fastest players in Texas come his senior year. The 2nd reason colleges aren't quick to pull the trigger on Green is because he is legally deaf. Green is an elite talent, don't let being deaf fool you in that aspect. It's only a matter of time for the schollys to come rolling in for him.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3632428/...s/167526386/v2
    Last edited by svhorns; 06-30-2015, 09:54 PM.
  • Farmer
    All District
    • Apr 2015

I'm curious to who or what DeSoto and Duncsnville will counter with in their latest recruiting class

Wish this young man nothing but the best. I can't imagine overcoming the obstacle of being deaf and playing a sport you love. Good for him for not allowing that to phase him at all.

Comment

• svhorns
      All State
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer
      I'm curious to who or what DeSoto and Duncsnville will counter with in their latest recruiting class

Wish this young man nothing but the best. I can't imagine overcoming the obstacle of being deaf and playing a sport you love. Good for him for not allowing that to phase him at all.
      Hold on I'm not done, lol.

Comment

• Kat-na-hat
        Practice Squad
        • Jul 2015

Heard about this last Monday,

Comment

• Firefox
          Special Teams
          • Apr 2015

I don't like the idea of active recruiting that is rumored to be going on. The idea that a school would look for job seekers that have sons that are a good fit for their football team makes me sick. Open recruiting is next? There are going to be move-ins that are suspect that the actual team may not have contributed to except for being an attractive destination. That problem is the parents and kids and hard to prove. Some of those same teams will lose kids because JR isn't named the starter.

Disclaimer: Many teams have been the beneficiary of move-ins through the years so I acknowledge that it's been going on for years. My team, Trinity has had some benefits from Bowie most notably so there.

Comment

• chhspantherfan
            Special Teams
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Firefox
            I don't like the idea of active recruiting that is rumored to be going on. The idea that a school would look for job seekers that have sons that are a good fit for their football team makes me sick. Open recruiting is next? There are going to be move-ins that are suspect that the actual team may not have contributed to except for being an attractive destination. That problem is the parents and kids and hard to prove. Some of those same teams will lose kids because JR isn't named the starter.

Disclaimer: Many teams have been the beneficiary of move-ins through the years so I acknowledge that it's been going on for years. My team, Trinity has had some benefits from Bowie most notably so there.

Phillips, TX

Coached by Chesty Walker of Univ of Washington fame.

If you don't learn from history, then you you are bound to repeat it.

Comment

Working...