X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Super B
    All District
    • Apr 2015

Worst 6A poll ever?

This is from TexasHSFootball.com. You be the judge. Worst 6A poll ever?

-------------

TexasHSFootball.com 2015 6A Pre-Season Top 20

1. Katy
    2. Allen
    3. Cedar Hill
    4. Converse Judson
    5. Southlake Carroll
    6. Manvel
    7. Cibolo Steele
    8. GP North Shore
    9. San Angelo Central
    10. DeSoto
    11. Spring Westfield
    12. Arlington Martin
    13. Lake Travis
    14. Highland Park
    15. Denton Guyer
    16. SA Brandeis
    17. Hewitt-Waco Midway
    18. Mesquite Horn
    19. Odessa Permian
    20. Pearland
    Super B
  • Super B
    All District
    • Apr 2015

I will say, there are some glaring omissions. I wanted to get ya'lls thoughts on this though.
    Super B

Comment

• Firefox
      Special Teams
      • Apr 2015

There are a couple of teams that seem way out of place or don't belong at all. Judson and Southlake is about where Trinity and Skyline might be placed. Northshore is in there but Westfield is not

Comment

• Super B
        All District
        • Apr 2015

Westfield is at #11. Trinity and Skyline were not worthy and did not make the list.
        Super B

Comment

• svhorns
          All State
          • Apr 2015

Not having Arlington Lamar on there pisses me off. They have players in the right places to be able to compete at a high level. They return most of their main contributors from last year. The knock on Lamar would be they have a new coach and players might have to learn a new system but there's no reason Lamar should have lost to Martin the way they did last year. I have a feeling under Coach Delay Lamar will be a better team which is why I continue to push Lamar as my dark horse.

Comment

• svhorns
            All State
            • Apr 2015

Converse Judson at #4 is ludicrous. I'd move them to 16 and push everyone after that down a spot everyone before that would be pushed up a spot. I'd move Desoto right below SLC to #5. SLC would be #4 after the Judson move.

Comment

• BevoBo
              Special Teams
              • Apr 2015

I don't get to worked about the various polls. Sure, they are some glaring omissions and about 3 that don't belong on there at all. IMO, Odessa P, would not make my list, nor would HP or Horn(they have talent). SAC, maybe, but way to high. GPNS, bubble team. I think SLC takes a step back. Swap Desoto and SLC. Top 3 any order I'm ok with. Maybe Allen takes a step back to, but understand the respect they get until someone beats them.

First poll where I don't see Trinity though, that will work itself out.

To svhorns point, I also think Lamar will be very good this year and win their district. They have some serious talent at key positions. Hopefully they don't underachieve.

Comment

• CHill
                1st Team
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B
                Westfield is at #11. Trinity and Skyline were not worthy and did not make the list.

List is a joke! Trinity should be ahead of SLC and there are five teams that shouldn't be on that list. DeSoto 10, really!

Comment

• Grainraiser
                  Practice Squad
                  • Apr 2015

This is from TexasHSFootball.com. You be the judge. Worst 6A poll ever?

-------------

TexasHSFootball.com 2015 6A Pre-Season Top 20

1. Katy
                  2. Allen
                  3. Cedar Hill
                  4. Converse Judson
                  5. Southlake Carroll
                  6. Manvel
                  7. Cibolo Steele
                  8. GP North Shore
                  9. San Angelo Central
                  10. DeSoto
                  11. Spring Westfield
                  12. Arlington Martin
                  13. Lake Travis
                  14. Highland Park
                  15. Denton Guyer
                  16. SA Brandeis
                  17. Hewitt-Waco Midway
                  18. Mesquite Horn
                  19. Odessa Permian
                  20. Pearland

I see a few issues with this list. Judson at #4 is the first big mistake I see. Desoto not being in the top 4 is a joke. Trinity not being on the list at all is a glaring omission. They are top 10 without a doubt. North Shore and San Angelo are to high. 12-20 is a crap shoot.

Reggie

Comment

• Eagle82
                    All District
                    • Apr 2015

Well that's why they play the games.

Very surprised Lamar isn't in there.

Some of the teams have a weak schedule so their rankings will continue until playoff time comes along.

Comment

• SLC13
                      '16 6A Pick 'Em Champ & '15 6A Pick 'Em Runner-Up
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by CHill

List is a joke! Trinity should be WAY ahead of SLC and there are five teams that shouldn't be on that list. DeSoto 10, really!
                      CHill, Totally agree with your assessment. SLC should not even be in the top 10, too much inexperience on defense and QB issues.

Comment

• King_Curtis
                        Practice Squad
                        • Apr 2015

San Angelo is on their way up, they've been playing some great football lately and the kids are hungry. Top 15 is very reasonable,. but ahead of Desoto is a..ummmm...yeah.

Comment

• Super B
                          All District
                          • Apr 2015

TexasHSFootball.com made horrible mistakes in their pdf mag too.

"Tyler Natee and a bruiser in running back Ja’Ron Wilson.

The two are returning three-year starters, but were banged up last season playing only seven games combined.

The Numbers: In three games, Natee rushed for 302 yards on 39 carries for a staggering 7.7 yards per carry, hitting pay dirt four times. Wilson ran for 447 yards and five touchdowns last season. The two have combined for 23 touchdowns last season."

This is completely wrong! They played 27 games combined. Natee missed one game due to a foot injury, Ja'Ron didn't miss any. Stats are completely wrong as well.

Natee: 183/1,400 7.65 YPC 11 TDs. Ja'Ron: 261/1,791 6.86 YPC 22 TDs

Also, Natee is the Fullback/LB turned QB 6' 255 lbs BRUISER. Ja'Ron is a 5' 11" 185 lbs speedy elusive back. I have no idea where they got those numbers, but they couldn't have been more wrong. Can you imagine some Rockwall fan that got this pdf, went to their game with Trinity and saw Natee running people over and Ja'Ron dodging tacklers then leaving them in the dust. He would be pretty confused.
                          Last edited by Super B; 06-23-2015, 08:17 PM.
                          Super B

Comment

• SLC13
                            '16 6A Pick 'Em Champ & '15 6A Pick 'Em Runner-Up
                            • Apr 2015

It appears that their PDF magazine is every bit as slipshod as their poll. I sure hope nobody parted with any coin of the realm for this "fine" work.

Comment

• Super B
                              All District
                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by SLC13
                              It appears that their PDF magazine is every bit as slipshod as their poll. I sure hope nobody parted with any coin of the realm for this "fine" work.
                              Yeah. It was $2.99. Not much but still. DCTF mag is over $10. They have made a few mistakes over the years, but overall they are very reliable and give good information.
                              Super B

Comment

• mojotrain
                                2nd Team
                                • Jun 2015

Bias poll! No way is #18 better than #19.

Comment

• Admin
                                  TX HS Football Talk
                                  • Mar 2015

Yeah. It was $2.99. Not much but still. DCTF mag is over $10. They have made a few mistakes over the years, but overall they are very reliable and give good information.
                                  hmm... thinking if he will pay $2.99 for that, what would he pay for this site? $$$$$$ - I could make a living off this thing!

okay, just kidding, no really!

or am I?

Comment

• BevoBo
                                    Special Teams
                                    • Apr 2015

TexasHSFootball.com made horrible mistakes in their pdf mag too.

"Tyler Natee and a bruiser in running back Ja’Ron Wilson.

The two are returning three-year starters, but were banged up last season playing only seven games combined.

The Numbers: In three games, Natee rushed for 302 yards on 39 carries for a staggering 7.7 yards per carry, hitting pay dirt four times. Wilson ran for 447 yards and five touchdowns last season. The two have combined for 23 touchdowns last season."

This is completely wrong! They played 27 games combined. Natee missed one game due to a foot injury, Ja'Ron didn't miss any. Stats are completely wrong as well.

Natee: 183/1,400 7.65 YPC 11 TDs. Ja'Ron: 261/1,791 6.86 YPC 22 TDs

Also, Natee is the Fullback/LB turned QB 6' 255 lbs BRUISER. Ja'Ron is a 5' 11" 185 lbs speedy elusive back. I have no idea where they got those numbers, but they couldn't have been more wrong. Can you imagine some Rockwall fan that got this pdf, went to their game with Trinity and saw Natee running people over and Ja'Ron dodging tacklers then leaving them in the dust. He would be pretty confused.

Is it just me or has my mathematical mind slipped me in old age. 4 td's for Natee and 5 td's for Wilson = 23 td's combined last season? Not only stats are wrong, but their number's don't add up. They should drop the price to $1.99...

Comment

• Super B
                                      All District
                                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by BevoBo

Is it just me or has my mathematical mind slipped me in old age. 4 td's for Natee and 5 td's for Wilson = 23 td's combined last season? Not only stats are wrong, but their number's don't add up. They should drop the price to $1.99...
                                      lol. Well at least 23 is much closer to the 33 they actually had.
                                      Super B

Comment

• svhorns
                                        All State
                                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by SLC13
                                        I got both. Next time ill just stick with DCTF.

Comment

Working...
                                        😀
                                        😂
                                        🥰
                                        😘
                                        🤢
                                        😎
                                        😞
                                        😡
                                        👍
                                        👎