Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-18 6A Districts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2016-18 6A Districts

    6A (Enrollment Numbers)

    District 1
    El Paso El Dorado (2978)
    El Paso Franklin (2726.5)
    El Paso Coronado (2697.5)
    El Paso Pebble Hills (2622)
    El Paso Montwood (2619)
    El Paso Socorro (2536)
    El Paso Americas (2359)
    El Paso Eastwood (2336)

    District 2
    Odessa (3965)
    Odessa Permian (3595)
    Midland Lee (3044)
    Midland (2980)
    San Angelo Central + (2862.5)
    Wolfforth Frenship (2548.5)
    Amarillo Tascosa (2215.5)

    District 3
    Keller Timber Creek (3076.5)
    Keller (2797)
    Haltom City Haltom (2664)
    Keller Central (2581)
    Keller Fossil Ridge (2385)
    Weatherford (2326)
    Abilene (2264.25)

    District 4
    Arlington Houston (3754.5)
    Arlington Martin (3364)
    Arlington Bowie (3063.5)
    Arlington Lamar (3001.5)
    Arlington (2812.5)
    Ft Worth Paschal (2531)
    North Crowley (2464)
    Mansfield (2366)

    District 5
    Lewisville (4379)
    Lewisville Flower Mound (3541)
    Lewisville Hebron (3454)
    Euless Trinity (3378)
    Lewisville Marcus (3317)
    Hurst Bell (2951)
    Southlake Carroll (2691.5)
    Northwest Nelson (2632)

    District 6
    Allen (6380)
    Plano West (5648)
    Plano (5479.5)
    Plano East (5329.5)
    McKinney Boyd (2846)
    McKinney (2743)
    Denton Guyer (2475)
    Wylie (2231)

    District 7
    Duncanville (4258)
    Irving MacArthur (3483)
    South Grand Prairie (3363)
    Irving Nimitz (3221)
    Irving (3100)
    De Soto (3036)
    Grand Prairie (2589)
    Cedar Hill (2351.5)

    District 8
    Belton (3197)
    Killeen Ellison (2842)
    Killeen Harker Heights (2557)
    Killeen (2485)
    Killeen Shoemaker (2434.5)
    Waco Midway (2410.5)
    Copperas Cove (2230.5)

    District 9
    Dallas Skyline (4733)
    Coppell (3645.5)
    Richardson (2688)
    Richardson Lake Highlands (2650)
    Richardson Berkner (2492)
    Richardson Pearce (2289.5)
    Dallas White (2295)
    Dallas Jesuit (2214)

    District 10
    Garland Sachse (2793)
    Garland Rowlett (2711)
    North Garland (2681)
    Garland (2650)
    Garland Lakeview Cent (2318)
    South Garland (2251)
    Garland Naaman Forest (2071)

    District 11
    Mesquite (2883)
    North Mesquite (2846)
    Tyler Lee (2580)
    Rockwall (2424)
    Mesquite Horn (2321)
    Rockwall-Heath (2282)
    Tyler (2270)
    Longview (2188.5)

    District 12
    Conroe the Woodlands (4280)
    Conroe Oak Ridge (3897)
    Conroe (3673)
    Conroe Woodlands College Park (2854)
    Montgomery (2511.5)
    Beaumont West Brook (2495)
    Lufkin (2198)

    District 13
    Round Rock (3185.5)
    Pflugerville Hendrickson (3077)
    RR Cedar Ridge (2852)
    Round Rock Westwood (2765)
    Round Rock Stony Pt. (2736)
    Round Rock McNeil (2717)
    Pflugerville (2229)


    District 14
    Del Valle (3210)
    Austin Bowie (2909)
    Austin Akins (2720.5)
    San Marcos (2251.5)
    Austin Anderson (2274)
    Manor (2175)

    District 15
    Klein Oak (4026.5)
    Klein (3936)
    Klein Forest (3683)
    Klein Collins (3590.5)
    Houston Memorial (2706.5)
    Houston Northbrook (2685)
    Houston Spring Woods (2399)
    Houston Stratford (2233)

    District 16
    Houston MacArthur (4151)
    Houston Benjamin Davis (3887)
    Houston Aldine (3592)
    Spring (3383)
    Spring Westfield (3348)
    Houston Eisenhower (3108)
    Spring DeKaney (2981.5)
    Houston Nimitz (2882)

    District 17
    Houston Cyp. Falls (3724.5)
    Houston Cyp. Lakes (3700.5)
    Houston Cyp. Ranch (3664.5)
    Houston Cyp. Fair (3663.5)
    Houston Jersey Village (3554)
    Houston Cyp. Woods (3347)
    Houston Cyp. Creek (3246.5)
    Houston Langham Crk (3200)
    Houston Cyp. Springs (3148)
    Houston Cyp. Ridge (3014.5)

    District 18
    Houston Bellaire (3634.5)
    Houston Lamar (3362.5)
    Houston Chavez (3164)
    Houston Westside (2987.5)
    Houston Math Sci. & Tech (2750.5)
    Houston Reagan (2335.5)
    Houston Westbury (2213)

    District 19
    Katy Morton Ranch (3639)
    Katy (3297)
    Katy Seven Lakes (3237.5)
    Katy Cinco Ranch (3171.5)
    Katy Taylor (2948.5)
    Katy Mayde Creek (2793.5)
    Katy Tompkins (2614)
    Houston Strake Jesuit (2032)

    District 20
    Fort Bend Travis (2497)
    Fort Bend Clements (2456.5)
    Fort Bend Ridge Point (2349)
    Fort Bend Kempner (2336)
    Fort Bend Austin (2262)
    Fort Bend Dulles (2258.5)
    Fort Bend Bush (2235)
    Fort Bend Hightower (2231)

    District 21
    Galena Park North Shore (4619)
    Humble Atascocita (3492)
    Humble Kingwood (2693.5)
    Channelview (2610)
    Humble Summer Creek (2601)
    Baytown Sterling (2547)
    Baytown Goose Crk Mem (2213)
    Sheldon King (2196.5)

    District 22
    Pasadena Dobie (4176)
    Deer Park (4087)
    Pasadena Memorial (3221)
    Pasadena Rayburn (3036)
    Pasadena South Houston (2739)
    Pasadena (2647)
    La Porte (2329)

    District 23
    Alief Elsik (4144)
    Alief Hastings (3951)
    Pearland (3789)
    Alief Taylor (3056)
    Pearland Dawson (2666)
    Clute Brazoswood (2497)
    Richmond George Ranch (2416)

    District 24
    Dickinson (2854)
    Alvin (2851)
    LC Clear Springs (2667.5)
    LC Clear Falls (2667)
    Houston Clear Lake (2524)
    Frndswd Clear Brook (2447.5)
    LC Clear Creek (2426)
    Friendswood (2176)

    District 25
    Buda Hays (2698.5)
    Austin Lake Travis (2697)
    Austin Westlake (2583)
    Kyle Lehman (2478.5)
    Cedar Park Vista Ridge (2250)
    Austin Vandegrift (2255)
    Leander (2187)

    District 26
    San Antonio Madison (3379)
    San Antonio Reagan (3340)
    San Antonio Lee (3085)
    San Antonio Churchill (3038.5)
    San Antonio Johnson (3003.5)
    San Antonio Roosevelt (2940.5)
    San Antonio MacArthur (2489)

    District 27
    Converse Judson (3728)
    San Antonio E. Central (3078)
    Schertz Clemens (2607)
    Comal Smithson Valley (2541.5)
    Comal Canyon (2451)
    New Braunfels (2336.5)
    San Antonio Wagner (2261)
    Cibolo Steele (2256)

    District 28
    Northside O’Connor (3163)
    Northside Warren (3107)
    Northside Taft (3103)
    Northside Jay (3046)
    Northside Stevens (2929)
    Northside Clark (2922)
    Northside Holmes (2922)
    Northside Brandeis (2735)
    Northside Brennan (2723)
    Northside Marshall (2703)

    District 29
    Laredo United (4412.5)
    San Antonio Southwest (3858)
    Laredo United South (3349.5)
    Del Rio (2927)
    Laredo Johnson (2874)
    Laredo Alexander (2746.5)
    South San Antonio (2562)
    Eagle Pass (2392)

    District 30
    La Joya Juarez-Lincoln (2875.25)
    La Joya (2512.75)
    McAllen Memorial (2479)
    McAllen (2455.25)
    McAllen Rowe (2440)
    Mission (2363)
    La Joya Palmview (2355.5)

    District 31
    Edinburg North (2774)
    Edinburg Economedes (2596)
    PSJA North (2445)
    Edinburg (2435)
    Edinburg Vela (2225)
    Pharr-San Juan-Alamo (2205)
    PSJA Memorial (2171)

    District 32
    Los Fresnos (3270)
    Harlingen (3120.5)
    San Benito (3050)
    Weslaco (2713)
    Brownsville Hanna (2690)
    Brownsville Rivera (2459)
    Harlingen South (2331)
    Weslaco East (2303.5)

  • #2
    So are the D8 Midway and other teams back in R1? And the UIL really screw Coppell in the D9, doesn't even make sense.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by CHill View Post
      So are the D8 Midway and other teams back in R1? And the UIL really screw Coppell in the D9, doesn't even make sense.
      They did. Trinity got a break blending in with the Lewisville schools. Probably a D2 team now which they gotta love...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Eagle82 View Post

        They did. Trinity got a break blending in with the Lewisville schools. Probably a D2 team now which they gotta love...
        Trinity D2, I guess that's if another Lewisville school other then Marcus can quality for the playoffs.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CHill View Post
          Trinity D2, I guess that's if another Lewisville school other then Marcus can quality for the playoffs.
          I've updated the list with enrollment numbers.

          Katy's a lock for D1
          Lake Travis a lock for D1

          Comment


          • #6
            ET could be in either, but I'll guess D1.
            SLC and Marcus will probably be the D2 reps.
            https://my.reason2race.com/JohnTuttle/TowneLakeTri2017

            katystudentsrun.org/

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by CHill View Post
              So are the D8 Midway and other teams back in R1? And the UIL really screw Coppell in the D9, doesn't even make sense.

              Might be good for Coppell. There a chance for a district championship.
              https://my.reason2race.com/JohnTuttle/TowneLakeTri2017

              katystudentsrun.org/

              Comment


              • #8
                Eagle82.....Curious how Abilene folks feel about coming east and the new 3-6A district??

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SLC13 View Post
                  Eagle82.....Curious how Abilene folks feel about coming east and the new 3-6A district??
                  Other than the metromess traffic, I for one am excited to play new schools. Just don't understand why the UIL did what they did for a lot of these schools. In this district, they could have easily put together a 3-6A that comprised of schools far west of town without throwing Keller into the mix.

                  As for the Keller schools, far from a cakewalk like some are claiming. While last years results for the schools were far from impressive, this is a new year and it's remained to be seen what they have returning. We play Central week one so unlike previous years, we will somewhat know what we got after that game, to a point. Central will reload and be a prime opponent and both teams will be sorting out early season issues after game one.

                  Abilene has some key players returning but losing three year starters on defense will be hard to overcome. Doesn't matter who's team it is, losing a three year starter is a big deal. While we have good position players, it pretty much stops there as we're not going to be deep at each position. I bring this up only because as everyone knows, to make a good playoff run, the right match-ups need to occur and the starters need to remain healthy. The last time we played out east, our starters were pulled in most games during the third quarter and what did this do for us? It allowed our starters to remain healthy come playoff time. So that being said, the district may or may not be a cakewalk, time will tell but if it is, with the returning position players we have, if they're all healthy and the cards fall in the right place in regards to match-ups, we could see a good solid playoff run. For me, that in itself is worth sitting in traffic listening to 70's music on sat radio!

                  What about your district, bringing in the Lewisville schools? Big boy Trinity no longer a lock in for D1. You know they have to be thrilled at the idea that they could enter the playoffs without having to face Allen. Then again, SLC would be a hurdle they would have to overcome in the R1 final.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Tut View Post


                    Might be good for Coppell. There a chance for a district championship.
                    Great point. Coppell has fielded some good teams only to be denied a DC because of the other outstanding teams in their district.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Eagle82 View Post

                      Other than the metromess traffic, I for one am excited to play new schools. Just don't understand why the UIL did what they did for a lot of these schools. In this district, they could have easily put together a 3-6A that comprised of schools far west of town without throwing Keller into the mix.

                      As for the Keller schools, far from a cakewalk like some are claiming. While last years results for the schools were far from impressive, this is a new year and it's remained to be seen what they have returning. We play Central week one so unlike previous years, we will somewhat know what we got after that game, to a point. Central will reload and be a prime opponent and both teams will be sorting out early season issues after game one.

                      Abilene has some key players returning but losing three year starters on defense will be hard to overcome. Doesn't matter who's team it is, losing a three year starter is a big deal. While we have good position players, it pretty much stops there as we're not going to be deep at each position. I bring this up only because as everyone knows, to make a good playoff run, the right match-ups need to occur and the starters need to remain healthy. The last time we played out east, our starters were pulled in most games during the third quarter and what did this do for us? It allowed our starters to remain healthy come playoff time. So that being said, the district may or may not be a cakewalk, time will tell but if it is, with the returning position players we have, if they're all healthy and the cards fall in the right place in regards to match-ups, we could see a good solid playoff run. For me, that in itself is worth sitting in traffic listening to 70's music on sat radio!

                      What about your district, bringing in the Lewisville schools? Big boy Trinity no longer a lock in for D1. You know they have to be thrilled at the idea that they could enter the playoffs without having to face Allen. Then again, SLC would be a hurdle they would have to overcome in the R1 final.
                      You might be wishing for the drive to Amarillo by the end of the season. At least you're moving on the open road going that direction, instead of sitting at a near dead stop burning gas. I agree that UIL throwing Keller into your district was a real head scratcher, plus it started the snow ball that resulted in some other rather odd districts in DFW.

                      Sorry that we not playing y'all in pre-district, but you've got some more natural rivalries now that you're separated from 2-6A. We did pick up some pretty good Pre-district opponents in Tulsa Union, Arl. Martin and Rockwall so we should be pretty tested. I'm just not sure what to expect from the Dragons this year. We have a good number of returning starters on defense, but we lost most of the offense including almost all of our skill players. We do have our QB returning, I just hope he's got some receivers to hook up with.

                      Selfishly I would have preferred to be in a district with the Keller schools since I can see KISD Stadium from my back patio. Going into the district with the Lewisville schools and Trinity will certainly give us a challenging schedule and if we make the playoffs we get to joy of playing 6-6A in the bi-district. The fun just never ends.

                      Trinity shouldn't lick their chops too much about playing in D2. It's pretty improbable that Lewisville and FMHS will make the PO's, so Trinity will likely be D1 again.

                      I know the schedule isn't set yet, but if you have a Thursday night trip to Keller, I will be happy to meet up and take you & your carpool for BBQ.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SLC13 View Post

                        You might be wishing for the drive to Amarillo by the end of the season. At least you're moving on the open road going that direction, instead of sitting at a near dead stop burning gas. I agree that UIL throwing Keller into your district was a real head scratcher, plus it started the snow ball that resulted in some other rather odd districts in DFW.

                        Sorry that we not playing y'all in pre-district, but you've got some more natural rivalries now that you're separated from 2-6A. We did pick up some pretty good Pre-district opponents in Tulsa Union, Arl. Martin and Rockwall so we should be pretty tested. I'm just not sure what to expect from the Dragons this year. We have a good number of returning starters on defense, but we lost most of the offense including almost all of our skill players. We do have our QB returning, I just hope he's got some receivers to hook up with.

                        Selfishly I would have preferred to be in a district with the Keller schools since I can see KISD Stadium from my back patio. Going into the district with the Lewisville schools and Trinity will certainly give us a challenging schedule and if we make the playoffs we get to joy of playing 6-6A in the bi-district. The fun just never ends.

                        Trinity shouldn't lick their chops too much about playing in D2. It's pretty improbable that Lewisville and FMHS will make the PO's, so Trinity will likely be D1 again.

                        I know the schedule isn't set yet, but if you have a Thursday night trip to Keller, I will be happy to meet up and take you & your carpool for BBQ.
                        Absolutely!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Just think it's strange that Abilene was put with the Keller schools and Guyer put with the Plano schools, Allen, Mckinney and Wylie. Talk about sitting in traffic for these fan bases.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by CHill View Post
                            Just think it's strange that Abilene was put with the Keller schools and Guyer put with the Plano schools, Allen, Mckinney and Wylie. Talk about sitting in traffic for these fan bases.
                            It's not only 6A. Smaller schools have really gotten the shaft.

                            This is from my friends in Menard. This is MENARD'S new district. --
                            Mertzon -- 89 miles ONE WAY
                            Iraan - 130 miles ONE WAY
                            Wink -- 247 miles ONE WAY
                            Van Horn -- 331 miles ONE WAY

                            -------------
                            Wall plays Tornillo.... 380 miles away... Ballinger to Alpine, 290 miles...
                            In the panhandle, Denver City to Perryton, 310 miles,

                            but I think the absolute winner(loser) in all of these is...

                            2A D1 Dist 3 ANTHONY - Christoval (427), Eldorado (401), Ozona (367), McCamey (306)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Eagle82 View Post

                              It's not only 6A. Smaller schools have really gotten the shaft.

                              This is from my friends in Menard. This is MENARD'S new district. --
                              Mertzon -- 89 miles ONE WAY
                              Iraan - 130 miles ONE WAY
                              Wink -- 247 miles ONE WAY
                              Van Horn -- 331 miles ONE WAY

                              -------------
                              Wall plays Tornillo.... 380 miles away... Ballinger to Alpine, 290 miles...
                              In the panhandle, Denver City to Perryton, 310 miles,

                              but I think the absolute winner(loser) in all of these is...

                              2A D1 Dist 3 ANTHONY - Christoval (427), Eldorado (401), Ozona (367), McCamey (306)

                              These kids will live on buses in the sports that play on Tuesday.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by Eagle82 View Post

                                It's not only 6A. Smaller schools have really gotten the shaft.

                                This is from my friends in Menard. This is MENARD'S new district. --
                                Mertzon -- 89 miles ONE WAY
                                Iraan - 130 miles ONE WAY
                                Wink -- 247 miles ONE WAY
                                Van Horn -- 331 miles ONE WAY

                                -------------
                                Wall plays Tornillo.... 380 miles away... Ballinger to Alpine, 290 miles...
                                In the panhandle, Denver City to Perryton, 310 miles,

                                but I think the absolute winner(loser) in all of these is...

                                2A D1 Dist 3 ANTHONY - Christoval (427), Eldorado (401), Ozona (367), McCamey (306)


                                I knew the smaller schools traveled ,,,, but WOW!!!
                                https://my.reason2race.com/JohnTuttle/TowneLakeTri2017

                                katystudentsrun.org/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X